Creating Skill gaming whiteout a license.

Derekmate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No.

You need to be an approved creator to create skill gaming machines, even if you are not operating them. This is to ensure specific laws are followed and keeps Linden Lab and you out of legal trouble.

If you wish to create a skill gaming machines, please see the skill gaming FAQ section about becoming a creator located here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Second_Life_Skill_Gaming_FAQ#What_information_will_I_need_to_provide_in_my_application_to_become_an_approved_creator.3F

I will go with this part in this moment. 

"

Are “freeplay” games in Second Life subject to the Skill Gaming Policy?

Freeplay games, in which the sole payment required or permitted is a nominal Linden Dollar payment for the sole purpose of triggering gameplay and is immediately and automatically refunded without conditions of any kind, are not within the scope of the Skill Gaming Policy."

probably asking beforehand is pretty wise as you might have no idea what requirements are needed for approval - like the quality requirements of the pseudorandom number generators ....

Edited by Fionalein

23 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

probably asking beforehand is pretty wise as you might have no idea what requirements are needed for approval - like the quality requirements of the pseudorandom number generators ....

And that's why I don't going to make a full working game but a dev kit something like a 98% percent finished. And then how wants can finish it. But I will look into more not to get burned. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Derekmate said:

I will go with this part in this moment. 

"

Are “freeplay” games in Second Life subject to the Skill Gaming Policy?

Freeplay games, in which the sole payment required or permitted is a nominal Linden Dollar payment for the sole purpose of triggering gameplay and is immediately and automatically refunded without conditions of any kind, are not within the scope of the Skill Gaming Policy."

this is where you best get a ruling from LL. Is possible that even a 1L refund, being a payment to play, would probably be caught by the policy

edit add:

i point out where this can get murky, despite what the intent of the policy is as written

pay L$1 to play. Machine auto-refunds your L$1, unconditionally. Keep playing the game tho, stay on my sim, and win some of my money

the murky part is. If you win L$10 from me then did you win L$11 for a L$1 payment to play

Edited by ellestones

3 hours ago, Derekmate said:

And that's why I don't going to make a full working game but a dev kit something like a 98% percent finished. And then how wants can finish it. But I will look into more not to get burned. 

I suspect that all the scripts will need to be full-perms so they can be vetted by whoever obtains them from you unless you can get a Linden to do that for you (doubtful). The thing is that LL is wary of "gaming" systems, almost as much as they are wary of "age-play" and other genres of legally-questionable activity. Lindens are very busy, but many are very communicative and friendly when they get the chance to answer questions like these.

Some Lindens do peruse the forums and you were smart enough to create a thread title that will get their attention. So there is a high possibility a Linden may supply a general answer in this thread, we just don't know when. :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.