Problem with a simple chair - using Avsitter

Kitet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all, I'm having a bit of trouble with a chair I've made.

It's meant to be a very simple chair: low poly cartoon-esque design, copy+mod, only one pose. I'd made this chair some months ago, and a friend helped me get Avsitter working on it... but I realized at some point that it's got a weird problem I have no idea how to fix. I've also reuploaded the chair's mesh since then, just to change the LODs to look better, I don't know if this has any impact on my problem.

To put it simply, the chair seats my avatar in a random different rotation, seemingly depending on where I right-click to sit. Picture below.

I have in the contents of the chair: [AV]adjuster, [AV]Helper, [AV]pos, [AV]sitA, [AV]sitB, and the single basic animation file for the sitting pose. I have copied the [AV]pos script from the old version of my chair, I don't know if that's part of the problem? No matter what I change the position settings in [AV]pos or the position of the [AV]helper to, the chair will not keep a single consistent sitting position.

sai_2018-08-10_18-22-01.png.637f626b4eca13527c0fe5df0fc55e10.png

Alright, I put a fresh Avpos notecard into the chair, removed the old one, and followed the Avsitter guide on github to set up the pose again... The chair is still rotating me every time I sit on it, though. I've saved the pose in the position I want it to display with AVhelper, and put the new DUMP in the avpos card, so I don't really understand why it's still changing?

If you used the github version, I believe you have to remove part of the script name or something.  Have you done that?  Is it the most recent version too?

The inworld unofficial  avsitter group is here  secondlife:///app/group/ccd07e24-4fdd-750f-f28f-fadd795d32ca/about   Very helpful people

... oh. I didn't know that wearing an AO messed with sitting positions like that. Thank you for asking, I tested my chair with and without my AO on, and it seems like that was the case.

Well, that's all I needed. Thank you everyone for the help, I appreciate it a lot!!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.