edit own objects

gwnm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i know this is a really stupid thing but for the life of me i can't work it out. two days ago i could edit my own textures and objects but for some reason i suddenly can't, even if i just res a box i can add the texture but i cant change it vertically or horizontally, i can rotate it but thats about it. just wondering if there might be a setting i am missing as my friends can edit everything as normal on my stuff

If any of your friends can edit your objects, they can also take a copy of an object, providing the item can be copied. Permissions can sometimes change in these instances, leaving you with an object that does belong to you, and which you created, but which you can't edit. Check what permissions exist for you on these objects which you can't seem to edit.

the items are all full perms its more the  repeats per meter i can't seem to change, nothing happens when i click the buttons up or down. i can type in the boxes but thats about it. even on fresh prims i still have the same problem. its beginning to get annoying.

Which viewer are you using?

Also, in other tabs such as the general one, when you rezz a new prim are you allowed to change the size by either clicking the arrows or entering values directly?

(Some TPVs allow the user to specify various defaults for building, but I admit I can't think of anything that could give your problem, unless somehow you've got the texture mapping set to planar or have got the specular or bumpiness field selected instead of the diffuse one).

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

I tried with two different viewers, when you lock something all the edits go grey. I was interested that the OP said rotate is available, but not the others. I've looked at both Singularity and Alchemy and they behave the same. I'm wondering if the OP is using something like Firestorm that offers some extra build tools to do things like stick textures to a face such that they are locked to a certain aspect ration, but I don't have FS.

If you inadvertently selected bump of specular instead of diffuse there isn't the option to rotate available. 

The closest I have been able to get to replicating the OP's reported problem is to rezz a cube, texture it, then without selecting a face, switch the mapping to planar, at which point only the rotation and offset fields are available, the repeat fields are locked, but that then doesn't explain why friends could access the locked fields.

This certainly reminds me of the time when I lost the rotation guides from Singularity and was in a right flap until I spotted I'd uncheck the grid option.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
typos, what else?

i am using firestorm, all settings seem the same as i have always used

i dont understand it myself but even objects i have previously edited i can no longer do.

i am going to install a different viewer and see if i get the same error. its really frustrating

>> even objects i have previously edited i can no longer do.

It reminds me of working in a new area such as on a ground that may hold transparent grasses or in a house with furniture and rugs where transparent things can get in the way of accessing the directional arrows when we set a prim down to edit.  We end up clicking some unseen thing that's intervening.  Of course, you're likely working on a clear, clean plat like we always do.  But i would turn on transparencies just to see what might be there, otherwise. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.