IM and Teleport

AHSOOKIE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My friend can not see when I IM him, I also am unable to teleport him. We are not blocked can see one another no problem with voice or sharing items, but he cant see me responding to IM and he dont get my teleports. This is crazy never had this happen before. How do I fix it?

7 answers to this question

I suspect that one of you -- probably your friend -- has a crummy Internet connection and is not fully logged in.  It has nothing to do with bandwidth.  If his connection is losing or delaying packets of data, then he is not well connected to the SL servers.

when he logs on an alt I have no problem IMing them or teleprting them. I have never had this happen before. Also we both got on differant computers and he is still unable to see text. i cant tp him or send him notecards. I have to get on an alt or he does just to chat.

Edited by AHSOOKIE
added to

I think the technical possibilities have been eliminated. So, maybe it is human error. I don't mean any disrespect, but these are your first posts and if you friend is as new... The viewer now has over 3,000 controls. So, everyone has human error problems sooner or later. So, it is a logical next check.

Have your friend send you or post a screenshot. See if they are looking in the wrong place.

Have your friend remove their viewer's settings file. This will revert the viewer to the default settings. If the settings file is 'moved' rather than 'deleted' the settings can be restored later. We have a number of posts here, in the forum, on how to do that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.