RLV Hardcore

AyseAbernathy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi dear friends, I am playing SL vie the Firestorm Viewer, which enables RLV. Now I found a link to the "hardcore" RLV, created by the original designer herself, which cannot be turned off. Sounds thrilling. So I downloaded it. But what now? If I get in game with the Firestorm, the new programme is ignored. Can anyone tell me, how to activate RLV after downloading it?

thanks a lot and all the best!

Ayse

2 hours ago, AyseAbernathy said:

Now I found a link to the "hardcore" RLV, created by the original designer herself, which cannot be turned off. Sounds thrilling.

I own a hardcore sub and we talk about this a lot. I would think that you are also not one who would turn off RLV in firestorm lightly, but you do desire extra restraint of that option being gone.

As the perma-RLV solutions are not (yet) available in Firestorm you need to change viewers to Marine's completely as LittleMe says above, or maybe as another option or even in addition, you can consider installing the Heartcore script (buy at Temple of the Collar) into your collar instead.

https://www.opencollar.at/heartcore.html

To take it even further, a heartcore collar (not just the installable script) can be welded closed.

Edit: Heartcore requires you to be on OC6 or Peanut, not the fork version.

Edited by Callum Meriman

6 hours ago, AyseAbernathy said:

Hi dear friends, I am playing SL vie the Firestorm Viewer, which enables RLV. Now I found a link to the "hardcore" RLV, created by the original designer herself, which cannot be turned off. Sounds thrilling. So I downloaded it. But what now? If I get in game with the Firestorm, the new programme is ignored. Can anyone tell me, how to activate RLV after downloading it?

1. Firestorm uses RLVa not RLV.

2. The RLV viewer by Marine Kelly is a SEPARATE viewer, NOT an addon for Firestorm. You don't activate it by logging in with Firestorm, you log in with Marine's RLV Viewer instead.

3. It's not that "hardcore" as you can log in with a non RLV viewer any time you like.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AyseAbernathy said:

thanks a lot and all the best!

Ayse

You seem to be talking about Xtream RLV ... a set up that loaded and logged you into SL , keeping your password a secret. Once in RLV, always in RLV .. so exciting!

That was banned by LL as it made it impossible for you to log into your account page, there was repeated further attempts to make it work, some people found they got stuck into it only for their "owners" to drop all interest in a relationship and switch to extorting money to buy their account back .. and in the end LL rained fire from the sky and that was the end of that. Viewers were updated to prevent a repetition of this happening again.

Bottom line. RLV is ALWAYS entirely optional, you can and must ALWAYS be able to log in with a different client and the SL website.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

2. The RLV viewer by Marine Kelly is a SEPARATE viewer, NOT an addon for Firestorm. You don't activate it by logging in with Firestorm, you log in with Marine's RLV Viewer instead.

3. It's not that "hardcore" as you can log in with a non RLV viewer any time you like.

The current game  is to allow another SL user to teamviewer into a subs PC, change the password and log them into Marines viewer, viola. Locked out of SL in all viewers but hers and your account in the process.

Stupidity seems to have no limit.

Seriously ..

NEVER let some random person teamviewer into your PC ever, they can steal your identity, personal documents, and every penny in your RL bank account.

NEVER share SL accounts or let someone else change your SL account password. They can steal all your L$, or worse steal all the money in your RL bank account.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

The current game  is to allow another SL user to teamviewer into a subs PC, change the password and log them into Marines viewer, viola. Locked out of SL in all viewers but hers and your account in the process.

Stupidity seems to have no limit.

Seriously ..

NEVER let some random person teamviewer into your PC ever, they can steal your identity, personal documents, and every penny in your RL bank account.

NEVER share SL accounts or let someone else change your SL account password. They can steal all your L$, or worse steal all the money in your RL bank account.

While I understand that you want to warn against this practice - Why again give away the procedure on the forums? - Some wannabe slavemasters might have never know about it otherwise...

Edited by Fionalein

I heard of something else: Some sub did let her Dom/me change the button for the SL Viewer so that it links to Marine's Hardcore RLV instead. Which means, whenever she tries to use the official viewer, she'll log in with RLV.

oh, and it has nothing to do with "Xtream RLV": It's a fork of Marine Kelley's RLV, built by Marine Kelley herself. http://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2018/06/hardcore-rlv.html

[...] I'm releasing a hardcore version of the RLV in which the value of the "RestrainedLove" and "RestrainedLoveBlacklist" debug settings do not matter. The former is always interpreted as being True and the latter is always interpreted as being empty, regardless of their actual value. And no more OOC chat either. This version is on the erestraints.com website alongside the normal one so you can choose whether you want it soft or hard :)  

At the time of this writing, the two viewers are exactly the same except for the "hardcore" differences stated above. [...]

On August 10, 2018 at 4:05 AM, CoffeeDujour said:

Well if someone really wanted to do this they could get a separate computer just for this purpose that contains no personal information, and even use an alt in SL to do it so thier main account stays safe. I suspect however that would take away some of the thrill they are looking for.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 2

• Lindens

Second Life never ceases to be a fascinating place. Half the users want god access. Half want handcuffs they can never take off. Unfortunately, we can't always give people what they want. I have to be a wet blanket again:

If a user runs a program that changes the user's email address to something the user does not control, the user has violated the Terms of Service. Full stop. There is a good chance that user will lose the account if the user doesn't have other identifying information on file. The account will be held, and the recovery process would be the same one used for other forms of account compromise. The previous mass rollback of email addresses for these users was a one-time courtesy that consumed a lot of internal resources. As we communicated to these users, it will not be repeated.

Depending on the country where you live, you may violate local laws by falsifying or removing contact information on an account that is capable of monetary transactions. I can't provide specific legal guidance. Please consult an attorney if you wish to know more about your obligations, or the obligations of US and European based businesses.

Encouraging users to run programs that falsify or remove email addresses is incitement to violate the ToS. Using or encouraging the use of such programs can be reported via "Abuse Report" under the "Help" menu. Please include the words "RLV" and "email" in your Abuse Report to better enable us to search for related reports.

People's desire to role play or experience power exchanges is not something we've discouraged. But as a business operating in the US and Europe, we are subject to some incompatible obligations with regard to this particular account change. I would love to be able to say otherwise.

Scripters should focus on mechanisms for better detecting RLV cheating. Falsifying or removing contact information such as a user's email address is a dead end.

Edit: Added some details on abuse reporting

Edited by Soft Linden
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Soft Linden said:

Second Life never ceases to be a fascinating place. Half the users want god access. Half want handcuffs they can never take off. Unfortunately, we can't always give people what they want. I have to be a wet blanket again:

PARTY-POOPER-POOPY-HEAD!

(Actually: I totally agree with you. Some people are just too careless with potential consequences against themselves.)

• Like 2

• Lindens

One other quick note: Please understand that my warning above is about the program that alters users' email addresses and passwords. This was not a warning about Marine Kelley's viewer or RLV in general.

I have been impressed at the care that the RLV and RLVa developers have taken to balance role play and user safety. These viewer developers have also been attentive when we've had specific concerns in the past. There is a good reason that they can operate in the open and that they don't have to distribute their programs on anonymous file sharing sites.

If you're ever in doubt about whether something is safe or allowed, their in-world groups may be a great place for discussions.

Just don't ask Alyona. She seems mean. ?

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

As a few have said no matter what viewer you use there is always a way out of rlv. Just use another viewer with rlv disabled or use the standard ll viewer itself which does not support rlv. even if someone tricks you to using team viewer there are ways out of that too. even that is not inescapable. just time consuming to do so. with a little work and a little know how you could run a vm and then team view the vm, it wouldn't be able to see the host system. at any point you wanted control back, you load in a vm snapshot before team viewer was added to the vm or before the changes were made to the account on the vm or delete the vm and start fresh. there would be no way for them to ever know it was running via a vm, and of course you would use an alt on an entirely different account, not even on the same email as your main, and not your main account ever; and never add any personal information or payment information on the vm that was using team viewer whatever your avi needed you would simply send them money from your main or the dom/me would have to buy the items they wanted you to have and use.

the only one real issue with marines hardcore version is the fact it blocks ooc.. which was done to try and stop those that use ooc to get around local chat block or get around gags that might block or mumble what you would say, not really hardcore just a minor annoyance. the real issue with removing ooc is if anyone uses an object that chat redirects you won't be able to use ooc to use the collar safeword as you would be able to in other viewers with ooc enabled.

so anyone that used something like the immersivity hud could trap you and you would not be able to get out until they let you out or you logged out and into a non rlv viewer. which could be a real pain and a nuisance. meaning you would have to keep your collar/relay on ask/trusted and not on auto most of the time unless you just didn't mind being trapped until the other user decided to free you, which could be never if they wanted to be a real jerk about it. meaning you would need to relog into a non rlv viewer or a viewer with ooc support and then safeword.

all in all marine hardcore is not really hardcore it just requires a person to simply log out and use the ll viewer to get out of rlv traps or collars. simple and easy to do if really wanted or needed. disabling the blacklist doesn't really make it hardcore, making it always log in with rlv on doesn't really make it hardcore. you just keep two sl clients installed. one for rlv and one when you need or want out of rlv.

plus you can always just log in and then tp to a region with scripts disabled, log out then log back in, rlv cant work in such regions since scripts cant start. meaning nothing rlv can hold you then. so any and all rlv restrictions and locks would not work. yes, logging into such an area will cause your collar/item to cry out you logged in with rlv off though. unless you lag your connection and then detach the item before it times out on the rlv handshake which then causes it to send the message. so even on marines hardcore viewer, there are still ways to get out of rlv restrictions if you are smart and quick. so its only as hardcore as you let or want it to be. 

really the whole idea about it being harder, inescapable or hardcore is just a mindset a fantasy and never will be a reality. there will always be a way out for those who want too. sorry to burst the bubble of everyone hoping or wanting rlv to be unstoppable or inescapable it simply never will be.

there is an entirely new game besides the team viewer game where a sub uses a password generator and then uses that password and changes their password on their account, then adds it to marines viewer and has the viewer set to auto log in. the password is usually given to their dom/me, owner, master/mistress so only they can give it back to let them free if ever asked to be, or maybe a friend, thus only those people can free you and let you log into a rlv viewer with rlv off. after its added to the auto login its cleared from the browser cookies/cache/password storage so it's not remembered on your system and only the person that it was given to has it. usually passed to them via im or by a nc that the sub then deletes from their end.

the only problem with this is believing and trusting the sub actually did delete it and didn't just write it down on a piece of paper or email it to themselves or keep it stored in nc, or text file, on their phone, in a photo, in an sms..in a pastebin like location, stored somewhere on their social media account you don't have access too. so even then they could get free if they wanted too or needed too.

so really even then it is about trust and communication and if you really think they are loyal or not or you have them brainwashed enough to not runaway from you one way or another. if they really want out they will find a way out. its the dom/me, master/mistress, owner's job to make sure they don't want or need or feel like they should. its not just the sub/slaves responsibility to be biding and loyal no matter what is done or said to them no matter if the would-be dom/me, master/mistress, owner says otherwise.

even the heartcore collar by virtual disgrace can be easily escaped from if a person really wants too. even if its been welded. for all that does is disable being able to unlock the collar and runaway, which again means nothing if you log in to any non rlv viewer or any rlv viewer with rlv off. or using fs or any other viewer that supports choosing where you log in to, and logging into a script disabled location. thus stopping the collar scripts from ever starting, thus no locks or restrictions can be imposed, thus any item can be removed. just discard the collar and start over with another unwelded copy of the heartcore collar... always keep copies around of anything that can be copied.. no need to even buy the lockpicks unless you just want to for the rp aspect of using them to get free.

no collar or rlv item can hold you if you don't want to allow it, its a choice that is made, a choice that can be changed even if you are a sub/slave even if your dom/me, master/mistress, owner doesn't like it or gets mad. the worst they can do to you is set you free at which point you find someone else that works and fits better for you and move on and forget about them and their insecurities or narcissistic behaviors. just block/mute/derender if they get hateful about it, no longer a problem in your life at that moment or ever again.

if any dom/me, master/mistress, owner tries to claim you no longer have any choice or rights just because you put on a collar and turned on rlv and added them as owner they are just bs'ing you trying to gaslight you and wanting you to believe in a lie that is not really how bdsm works, they want you to believe their lies and deceptions and misinformation or attempted brainwashing. it is always about consent and choice and finding and being with the right person that fits what you want out of it. its never just about the dom/me, master/mistress, owner no matter if they try and say it is. you the sub and your wants and needs matter and are just as important too.  don't believe the bs being bruited about in many of the groups that try and claim how it is or has to be or should be, when in doubt research and learn for yourself and decide for yourself and not just accept or believe what someone else claims or says ever.                                        

remember every slave is a sub, but not every sub is a slave or has to be. and not every slave has to be a tpe slave because some wannabe dom/me, master/mistress, owner every claims otherwise.

communication.. it takes two for it to happen, its not just a one-way street.

trust.. it takes two make it work, it's not just given freely to any wannabe because they think they can demand/command/request it. it should be earned and if they break it, they don't deserve you as a friend or partner or sub/slave or whatever else you may call yourself.

understanding.. everyone has bad days and good days, if your dom/me, master/mistress or owner can accept that fact then maybe they are not the one for you. remember they have them too. so communication...communication..communication.

be safe.. know who you are playing with, more than just a superficial level. not everyone is safe to be around even online. yes, you can be hurt online, words can hurt. yes, you can be abused through rlv, yes you can be abused in sl. not physically but emotionally or mentally it can and does happen.

be smart.. learn all you can about rlv and what it can and cannot do, once you do you don't have to fear it ever again. then if you ever need free of something you know how to get free or what to do about it the next time it happens or someone makes a claim about it or what they can or will do to you with it.

be sane, don't just accept any bs that some wannabe says about what you have to do or be or allow because they claim it to be how it has to be. just because you turned on rlv does not give them the rights to be an ***** even if they try and claim it does.ever. not even as a tpe slave.

choice.. you always have the right to change your choice no matter what anyone else says ever. even if you are a sub or slave or a doll a pet or a statue, a piece of furniture or clothing. you do not just have to allow. or go with it, or flow with it; because they want you too or say you need to or have too. no one has that right ever, not in any relationship ever even in bdsm.  you have the right to have your limits or fears or concerns respected at all times. no matter if someone says otherwise in all relationships. if they refuse, and won't communicate with you about it, then remove them, block them, mute them, derender them and move on from them.

should you ever have to leave or runaway or remove yourself from a dom/me, master/mistress, owner, trainer, sculptor, programmer, doll maker.. or whatever other silly title or rank or name they have given themselves and expect you to call them by..never feel bad or ashamed or damaged because you did. never let anyone say you are garbage or broken or damaged or useless or worthless or trash as a sub or slave because you did. they were not the right person for you, you learned and grew and are moving on. if they refuse to communicate with you about your concerns it is their fault, they are the one who loses out, they are the one that is useless and worthless to you at that point. do not feel bad for doing it. do not let them gaslight you, or lovebomb you into coming back, or try and brainwash you into thinking it was your fault when it was not.

no matter what any relationship type you are in, you always have the right to be respected and your fears or concerns addressed if they refuse perhaps they are not the one for you and its time to move on. you never have to put with anything from anyone here if you really do not want too or feel like having to do so anymore. and no they do not have the right to force it upon you either. not even in any type of bdsm relationship ever.

it is not the right or privilege or entitlement of any dom/me, master/mistress..etc.. to break your limits or ignore them. or push them if you are not ready for that to happen. no matter if you are a sub or slave or whatever you call yourself. no matter if they claim so or say so or demand so or command so. it always requires your consent, and just because it was given once does not mean it was given for all things all the time, no matter if they try and say otherwise. given once does not mean given always for everything unless you negotiated that beforehand and even then you still always retain the right to renegotiate or revoke if you ever feel unsafe for any reason, even if they try and claim differently. the worst that will happen is they will leave you/set you free and no longer play/scene/rp...they deserve no trust, no loyalty, nor belief in them from you. dont fall for their bs, their mind games, their brainwashing, their gaslighting, their lovebombing, their attempts at isolationism to make you change to something you do not really want to be. this is your sl, not theirs. they have only the rights to your sl that you chose to give them,. not what they want or demand or command ever even in all bdsm relationships, even if they try and claim otherwise. for all you have to do is log in with rlv off, remove that collar, delete it, remove them from friends, block them/mute them/derender them and they are gone from your life now and always until you ever chose to let them back in if ever. just be aware they might try and use an alt to get back at you..but alts are easy to discover since everyone has telltale signs in how they speak that give them away over time.

remember sl is meant to be fun for everyone including the sub/slave etc.. and not just the dom/me..etc. and no you do not ever have to answer the old age/sex/location questions..or skype someone or vid chat someone or voice chat someone because they might want to try and have you do so to prove you are what you claim to be. you do not have to let them have any rl information about you other than you what you feel you can trust them with. even then I still woudlnt.. you can't really trust anyone on sl that far.. someone will always be out there waiting to take advantage of that trust and belief and faith. so be careful and have fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
What to do if your account has been compromised;

If you're having any difficulty at all recovering your account, creating a ticket as a guest from an email that you control is the best option. Tell us the name of your avatar and report it as an 'Account Compromise' and our team will investigate as the article suggests -- you can create a guest ticket and call the Fraud line just the same. Please let me know if you have other questions and have a good day!

Best wishes,

Maggie Linden
Second Life Customer Support

just as a bit of further information, about how to get your account back incase someone ever tricked you to giving up access to it, through anything like extremerlv or teamviewer or what ever other means they might try.

add if anyone wants to ever experience what I meant about the immersivity hud and how it can trap you and make it impossible to escape if you cannot use OOC to safeword, find me in world sometime when im online. I will be glad to make you my panties or whatever else I choose and keep you as them for as long as 'I' choose because I can since you used a veiwer without OOC support in it. Meaning either you log out of rlv, or log into one with rlv with OCC support and safeword. Or you are my personal trapped victim until I decide otherwise. all it requires is you to have rlv on, and wear an active rlv relay, either a hud or collar and then you belong to me from then until I release you. you will be my clothing or a part of my body until I say otherwise. because you will not be able to safeword any other way, not by chat, not by touch, not by anything but through the use of ((OOC)) but if you used the hardcore veiwer of marine's your sol.

still not hardcore, just mildly annoying. harcore is just an oppinion a personal veiw. anything claimed hardcore by someone may not be hardcore by someone else, especially within sl.

Im a hardcore sl skydiver. I climbed to over 100,000m into the air, to the point the avatar started to have visual defects and then plumeted back down without a parachute. yeah, im hardcore! :P
  • Thanks 2

On 8/16/2018 at 7:18 AM, ThorinII said:

I heard of something else: Some sub did let her Dom/me change the button for the SL Viewer so that it links to Marine's Hardcore RLV instead. Which means, whenever she tries to use the official viewer, she'll log in with RLV.

even if the shortcut is changed on the start screen, live tile, starmenu, taskbar..  you can always go directly to the folder and launch the executable directly, bypassing and changes made to the shortcuts. so even that can be easily defeated by anyone that wanted.

you cant change the acual executeable to make it point to the other. so if they have more than one viewer installed and have their login information they can always log in to any other viewer.

On 12/12/2018 at 9:16 AM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

did you even read soft's reply?  they wont do the whole email fix again.

did you not read what I wrote, that was directly from a linden lab csr when I asked them about it. So yes they can do it and will if it is needed. And you misread what Soft said

On 8/23/2018 at 12:34 PM, Soft Linden said:

There is a good chance that user will lose the account if the user doesn't have other identifying information on file. The account will be held, and the recovery process would be the same one used for other forms of account compromise. The previous mass rollback of email addresses for these users was a one-time courtesy that consumed a lot of internal resources. As we communicated to these users, it will not be repeated.

he simply stated they would not be doing a mass rollback of email addresses of users affected by scams like extremerlv, not that they could not or would not change them if the account was reported as compromised. just that the user would need other identifying information on file to prove they owned the account.

even then a user could just create a new account and would be free of rlv at that point. that cannot be prevented from being done ever. they could simply recreated their entire account with exactly the same details/avatar/pics/groups/friends and even reget the same inventory over time and then just never log back into the other account. all that would be lost at that time is the age of the account. nothing to really get upset about. the age of the account doesn't make you special by any means. it just shows when you first started in sl with that account. not if you should be trusted or respected or feared or awed over because of some false belief that an older account means you are wiser or better in some way.

and after reported as compromised the account is put in hold preventing the other person who had access to the account from being able to log in to that account either. so at that point, no one can use it, it is a dead account. and they can just start over fresh and not care or worry about it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.