Difficulty maintaining changed values on edit texture window

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been having an issue when manipulating textures in the edit texture window.   I find that when I am trying to change the values (scale/ repeats/ rotations/ offsets), they will snap back to original value. I am not using material maps, basically just putting texture on a plane.

I have tried just using the up and down arrows, inputting the new value and hitting tab or enter, adding multiple 0 after ( 1.000000)... nothing seems to be helping. Please, Help!

That can sometimes happen on a busy region, or if you are too far from the object you are editing, or are not in the same parcel, or if you try to input illegal values (like a 2.0 with an extra decimal point or a comma), or when the object contains a script that is trying to reset the values to specific preset defaults, or  -- sadly -- when you have an object that has been damaged somehow.  Most of those problems have "Oh, duh!" solutions, but it can take a while before you stumble onto the obvious.   Well, it takes me a while, anyway. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HeyJenJen said:

I find that when I am trying to change the values (scale/ repeats/ rotations/ offsets), they will snap back to original value.

What you describe is the first one on Rolig's list or it may be a connection problem. What happens is that your viewer updates the value right away but it doesn't register with the server so the moment it gets involved, it snaps back to the original value. Sometimes the server does notice the change, only a second or five too late. When that happens, the value will snap back to the original and then eventually back again to the new.

It can be rather confusing.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.