how do you block someone here in forum

Lara Aulder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Go into your settings, then account and then ignore user. Type in the user you want to ignore and they’ll be both blocked and (I believe) you won’t see their posts either. Not sure if their quotes will be blocked.

But there you go!

Edited by janetosilio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lara Aulder said:

Ok, it works! The person will not able to see my posts, right? Hope so. Thanks!  

The other person can still see your posts and if someone quotes the person, then you will see the quoted post - so not a perfect system.

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I'm not sure, but I think it also applies to private messages, too. :)

There are actually 4 check boxes for what you want to block:

image.png.de2b91c4a93bae5bb71d614cc3a423b7.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Lara Aulder said:

Hmm, lets hope the person "get it" the direct message and ignore me too. Otherwise the ignore button it's kind useless if its not applied to each other.
 Thanks to all. ^^

It's an "ignore the existence of your Drama-Llama-Enemy" button...

Not a "Hide from your Drama-Llama-Enemy" button...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Lara Aulder said:

Hmm, lets hope the person "get it" the direct message and ignore me too. Otherwise the ignore button it's kind useless if its not applied to each other.
 Thanks to all. ^^

Well if you ignore someone who's very popular in the forums, people will be constantly quoting them so you'll see all their posts anyway.

Annnnd, you won't get to immediately see any posts they replied to you about.

I personally would never block someone that had blocked me, not that anyone ever has of course.

I think if you have blocked someone, they should not be allowed to keep harassing you by putting hateful little reactions on your every post. You know who you are, and you should ask yourself why you are on a game forum, harassing somebody with a smiley on a forums  instead of out enjoying Nature, or if you must stay inside, enjoying the beauties of SL itself.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I think if you have blocked someone, they should not be allowed to keep harassing you by putting hateful little reactions on your every post.

To look at the bright side, if he didn't react to your posts your reputation on the forums would not be as high!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Shes accusing me for being her stalker when i couldnt care less who she is or what she does :) guess someone was needing attention. I did react so some posts she made but i am not on these forums often enough to qualify as a stalker but what do i know :D

Edited by Jeny Howlett

On 2018.08.10. at 4:59 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

I think if you have blocked someone, they should not be allowed to keep harassing you by putting hateful little reactions on your every post. You know who you are, and you should ask yourself why you are on a game forum, harassing somebody with a smiley on a forums  instead of out enjoying Nature, or if you must stay inside, enjoying the beauties of SL itself.

Edited by Jeny Howlett

13 minutes ago, Jeny Howlett said:

Harassing someone by putting a smiley face? Now you are just making fun of ppl who are being harassed for real. I was stalked for real and people like the OP is the reason why nobody takes us serious because a smiley face is offending them. Good lord

P.S i never talked to them in private or in game IMs but if they keep this up i wont be surprised if ill be banned for putting a smiley face on a forum thread where the option lets me. I guess i need to stop putting heart reactions to the vanity thread pictures too.

A smiley is a generic term for the little icons that can grimace, frown, etc. It's not about "offense" -- since I have bloody, chopped-up effigies of my RL self put on my lawn routinely in SL as a form of griefing, and have suffered harassment of me and my family members in real life for my work, I do get the difference, dear, truly I do. I just think that if you block someone they should not be able to comment on you or put smilies on you in any form, that's all. 

I'll point out that while fuming about this alleged crime of mine, and writing up a post about it, and looking to see if there are answers, you were not outside enjoying the beauties of Nature.

PS My comment is generic and has examples that in fact don't involve you, because if you put some reaction on my posts, I didn't notice. And frankly, I don't think I'd remember your name and your comments long enough to bother to put you in a ban list in world anyway.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

A smiley is a generic term for the little icons that can grimace, frown, etc. It's not about "offense" -- since I have bloody, chopped-up effigies of my RL self put on my lawn routinely in SL as a form of griefing, and have suffered harassment of me and my family members in real life for my work, I do get the difference, dear, truly I do. I just think that if you block someone they should not be able to comment on you or put smilies on you in any form, that's all. 

I'll point out that while fuming about this alleged crime of mine, and writing up a post about it, and looking to see if there are answers, you were not outside enjoying the beauties of Nature.

Edited by Jeny Howlett

6 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I just think that if you block someone they should not be able to comment on you or put smilies on you in any form, that's all.

That makes no sense, they are not the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal, just because you decided not to see them that does not make them refrain from any reactions onto posts you put on a public forum. If you cannot live with what folks make out of your posts -  and you gave them plenty of opportunity to do funny reactions to your postings - just don't post on public forums for starters ...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.