Searching vor an special Video System

CFoxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there :)

Let me short describe what i search for.

Think you know live concerts where a Person are on Stage and over or beside the Stage are some Videowalls show a closeup from the Person live.

Im Seraching for this...think a Camera catch the Person (Dj) and show this as Live Video on one or more screens.

Anyone an Idea how to build this?

Thanks for read and help :)

Greetings CFox (DJ Foxxy)

P.s. Image below for what i mean^^

south-west-four-festival-graham-joy-photography-4446-w1920-h1920.1280x768.jpg

You'd have to use parcel media on the two side screens that link to someone's actual livestream of the performer. I don't have enough experience with the systems myself to help directly, but looking into using SL parcel media and scripted camera controls on the lsl wiki and streaming SL with third party software would be a good place to start looking. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

I'm afraid if you want others to be able to see these screens, you're going to struggle terribly with this. You need to be able to have control over the land media, you need for everyone in attendance that wants to watch to have media turned on(and most people keep this off), you need someone taking video of the screen while watching the "concert", then that person will have to have a stream(plus all required software on their own system for both recording and then streaming) to then stream the media back to the screens. You're going to have problems with the following:

-Not everyone can or will turn media on to watch it

-Even if they do, they won't all be seeing the same thing at the same time, you cannot sync it up

-There is a time delay between what is being filmed versus what is being streamed(and what people are going to "hear" inworld during the concert)

-You need land controls so you can change the media settings

-If there are more than a few people watching, good luck getting it to work properly at all, People are going to experience lag, even if only client side, it's going to be a problem, especially with having both the sound of the concert on AND media

Hi Tari, 

Thank you, and right... Never thinked over i cant do it in SL direct. 

Was a silly idea when i was last on RL Concert and thinked was nice for my Dj Sets in SL ☺️

Okis, thanx again and this can be closed then. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.