Jks Beck

Unknown box of scripts

Question

I discovered a box on my sim that neither my tenant nor I can return to the owner.  I've submitted three abuse reports, and submitted a ticket that basically blew me off.  I am the sim owner.  Does anyone know how I can get rid of it?  I contacted the owner and the creator with no replies.

Thanks

strange box.png

5 answers to this question

As the land owner, you should be able to return any and all objects on your land.  I can think of only two things that might prevent this.

1.  The defined center of the object is not on your land, but across the border in a neighboring parcel or region.  (I specifically said the "defined center" because the object creator can move the center point; it doesn't have to be at the physical center of the object.  Moreover, the object may be more than the simple cube you show in your picture.  Use CTRL+ALT+T to reveal transparent objects, and see if the cube is maybe attached to a long rod that goes off your land to a neighbor's.

2.  The object is a temp-rezzed item, created by a master object.  You can return the temp-rezzed object, but the master object simply makes another one.  Rezzer objects can be very small and transparent.  Again, use CTRL+ALT+T to reveal invisible objects.  If you find one, return it.  Another way to find such objects is to note the owner of the temp-rezzed cube.  Then go to World/Parcel Details and click the Objects tab.  Click the Refresh button (the arrow bent into a circle) to see the owners of all objects on your parcel.  Find the name of the cube's owner in that list, click their name and then click the Return button to return all the objects they have on your land.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

As the land owner, you should be able to return any and all objects on your land.  I can think of only two things that might prevent this.

1.  The defined center of the object is not on your land, but across the border in a neighboring parcel or region.  (I specifically said the "defined center" because the object creator can move the center point; it doesn't have to be at the physical center of the object.  Moreover, the object may be more than the simple cube you show in your picture.  Use CTRL+ALT+T to reveal transparent objects, and see if the cube is maybe attached to a long rod that goes off your land to a neighbor's.

2.  The object is a temp-rezzed item, created by a master object.  You can return the temp-rezzed object, but the master object simply makes another one.  Rezzer objects can be very small and transparent.  Again, use CTRL+ALT+T to reveal invisible objects.  If you find one, return it.  Another way to find such objects is to note the owner of the temp-rezzed cube.  Then go to World/Parcel Details and click the Objects tab.  Click the Refresh button (the arrow bent into a circle) to see the owners of all objects on your parcel.  Find the name of the cube's owner in that list, click their name and then click the Return button to return all the objects they have on your land.

Thank you, I looked around and didn't see anything attached with the ctrl/alt/t method.   The name didn't show up in World/Parcel Details, but I was able to return it by entering the owner's name.

Not all things will show up in World/Parcel details.  That display is really meant for locating items that are potentially part of the region's pathfinding setup.  It won't show some objects that are phantom, for example.  It's also not surprising that you couldn't see anything by highlighting transparent objects CTRL + Alt + T.  Prims in a linkset don't have to be connected physically, after all.  As long as they are all within 64m, they could still be linked.  All of that is irrelevant, of course, since you were successful in returning the mysterious box.  Congratulations!  9_9

Also when there are multiple copies occupying the same space it can look like deletion is not working.  Box – select the box and see how many onjects

• Like 2

Are you the owner of the sim, as paying tier to Linden Lab, or are you the owner of the sim as paying tier to a third party?