I've been duped

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i had a couple parners on here  mostly all have had a bf or been married in rl

about 4 in total 

1. lived with her bf  - lasted a couple months

2.has a bf an is now gonna marry him ya she was the satinist goth -  known her 4 years

3. lives with her husband  - known her 7 years

4. i just met this 1 she has a bf lives with him but may leave him if he catches her cheating so im hopefull

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Quinn Lysette said:

4. i just met this 1 she has a bf lives with him but may leave him if he catches her cheating so im hopefull

Wow.

Just... WOW.

I rest my case about the types of attitudes and people in SL. LOL

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

That is far from a a Shemale... A shemale has both female and male parts, female above and male down below... To quote the great Noxeema Jackson "And when a tired little Latin boy puts on a dress, he is simply a boy in a dress!" 

Your description is not entirely accurate, or rather lacks important detail: A "shemale" is officially known as a Hermaphrodite. Hermaphrodites are (technically speaking) a female with a peni*; no testicles. A male who takes hormones (or surgery) to grow female breasts (not to be confused with gynecomastia where breasts grow naturally) is often referred to as Transgender, and finally, an extremely rare condition known as "Kleinefelter's syndrome" is the only instance where a full-on male will grow breasts naturally and often takes on the body shape of a female.

With all that said: "Shemale" in SL is a pure science fiction because the male typists were to wear female avatars and still be able to penetrate. But that's the wonder of SL: you can be *anything*.

There is no reason whatsoever for this response to your post other than to edify all readers of it. A little research can go a long way (though I've always known about hermaphrodites not having testicles).  BecauseBahahahah :)

10 minutes ago, Lara Aulder said:

Its a cultural thing I guess, thats not a problem here.

"I use [offensive slur] all the time, because it's common in my country, and I don't care how many other people in other countries regard it as an offensive slur."

https://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender

Defamatory: "tranny," "she-male," "he/she," "it," "shim"

These words dehumanize transgender people and should not be used in mainstream media. The criteria for using these derogatory terms should be the same as those applied to vulgar epithets used to target other groups: they should not be used except in a direct quote that reveals the bias of the person quoted. So that such words are not given credibility in the media, it is preferred that reporters say, "The person used a derogatory word for a transgender person." Please note that while some transgender people may use "tranny" to describe themselves, others find it extremely offensive.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

"I use [offensive slur] all the time, because it's common in my country, and I don't care how many other people in other countries regard it as an offensive slur."

https://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Defamatory: "tranny," "she-male," "he/she," "it," "shim"

These words dehumanize transgender people and should not be used in mainstream media. The criteria for using these derogatory terms should be the same as those applied to vulgar epithets used to target other groups: they should not be used except in a direct quote that reveals the bias of the person quoted. So that such words are not given credibility in the media, it is preferred that reporters say, "The person used a derogatory word for a transgender person." Please note that while some transgender people may use "tranny" to describe themselves, others find it extremely offensive.

He's_right_you_know.jpg

• Like 3

This is not a dirty word, get-over-it. It's offensive because everyone still allow, if continue with this attitude nothing will ever change, you're gonna be a VICTIM, like, FOREVER. Stop care about a word who will never actually "'define" you. ugh, exhausted, what a terrible low esteem. 

• Confused 5

No terribly interested in getting into the debate, the whole thing is rather tiresome, but, someone used the word tranny.

Is that supposed to be shortform for a transvestite or a transsexual?

And.... while I'm posting, a shemale is a pre-op male to female transsexual, having undergone hormone therapy and possible breast enhancement.

Of course transsexual is no longer PC, its transgender now.

9 hours ago, Lara Aulder said:

This is not a dirty word, get-over-it. It's offensive because everyone still allow, if continue with this attitude nothing will ever change, you're gonna be a VICTIM, like, FOREVER. Stop care about a word who will never actually "'define" you. ugh, exhausted, what a terrible low esteem. 

For those at the receiving end of it, it IS a dirty word, and those are the ones who can define that, since it's happening TO THEM. Not you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

There is no right to be "not offended" anywhere. If you are offended by any written word not directly aimed at you and you take it as derogatory it's your personal issue. "Shemale," like so many other words, started out as a synthetic word, anyway; entirely made-up. Either way, all languages evolve (they actually added the non-word "aint" into the dictionary, go figure). However, derogatory is a context-based idea.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

There is no right to be "not offended" anywhere. If you are offended by any written word not directly aimed at you and you take it as derogatory it's your personal issue. "Shemale," like so many other words, started out as a synthetic word, anyway; entirely made-up. Either way, all languages evolve (they actually added the non-word "aint" into the dictionary, go figure). However, derogatory is a context-based idea.

I'm less offended at the word itself as than I am empathetic to those who are on the receiving end. If that makes a difference, not sure.

27 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I'm less offended at the word itself as than I am empathetic to those who are on the receiving end. If that makes a difference, not sure.

I respect that. I offend a lot of people all the time because I'm not politically correct and I often speak plainly, though I always try to see others' points-of-view - whether I agree with it or not. I didn't quote him because I wanted my comment to be more generalized and not targeted to a specific person, it was in response to what Callum said (his post just above mine).

EDIT to add: in short, what I'm intending to say, I guess, is that a bad word is only a bad word because you make it a bad word. A word is just a word; it's the context in which a word is used as to how the meaning of it is intended.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

I respect that. I offend a lot of people all the time because I'm not politically correct and I often speak plainly, though I always try to see others' points-of-view - whether I agree with it or not. I didn't quote him because I wanted my comment to be more generalized and not targeted to a specific person, it was in response to what Callum said (his post just above mine).

There is a difference between not being PC and being a horrible person. Using horribly derogatory slang terms is not being edgy or Non-PC, it's being a word we can't say here. 

EDIT to add: in short, what I'm intending to say, I guess, is that a bad word is only a bad word because you make it a bad word. A word is just a word; it's the context in which a word is used as to how the meaning of it is intended.

Ah, so you think dropping the N-bomb to blacks is ok? I mean, it's just a word, right? There isn't 250 years of horrible atrocities connected with it or anything, right? Or how about any of the other racist slurs? Just words? Anti-gay terms? Nothing horrible done to gays ever, right? Try being a decent human being and not use hurtful words just because you want to be an edgy non-PC conforming millennial. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I offend a lot of people all the time because I'm not politically correct and I often speak plainly,

In my opinion, politically correct speech is just Orwellian Newspeak. Words have specific meanings and undertones for a reason.  Just be aware that the words wee use to paint our  picture color us as well. If you're cool with that, say what you want and stand your ground.

• Like 1

I understand English is not your native language however native English speakers are explaining why so many find what you are saying so offensive and how would you feel if someone was rude and offensive about something or yourself in your native language; well that is how we feel as native English speakers.

Edited by MrsSeren
spotted a mistake in my typing so correcting

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

In my opinion, politically correct speech is just Orwellian Newspeak. Words have specific meanings and undertones for a reason.  Just be aware that the words wee use to paint our  picture color us as well. If you're cool with that, say what you want and stand your ground.

Absolutely. "N-word" is a ridiculous reference to the elephant it refers to. People are so scared to use it, even when only describing or defining it in a practical communication context without intending it as an insult. As I've mentioned before: the French word for black is taken as an offense by people. Seriously?

If I were to write the so-called "N-word" word here for definition purposes, too many will take offense that the word was actually written. I won't bother here because 1) the filter will block it anyway and 2) I don't go out of my way to offend people, but I don't go out of my way to placate them, either. :)

I reiterate my stance: you have no right to not be offended. because you're being offended is your own issue. (And that would be a general "you" obviously enough. I know that you, Rhonda, know this, but based on what some of the others have stated, I thought I should make that clear. LOL)

In any case, this thread is nicely derailed, so I'll go lurk in others now.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Wow. This is your problem, sir (and so many others here and all over the Internetz) - What did I say that makes you presume I would think it's okay to drop the "N-bomb" to blacks?

Perhaps it was this?

7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

a bad word is only a bad word because you make it a bad word. A word is just a word; it's the context in which a word is used as to how the meaning of it is intended.

It really doesn't matter what context you use that word in.. It is never OK to say it. Most respected blacks have come out against the rap and hip-hop community for using it. 

33 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

However, you are so politically correct that you cannot even say the word even when just describing or defining it. So which N-bomb do you refer to? I'll go ahead and drop a couple directed to you: Numbskull, Nincompoop, Nitwit. There, some "N-bombs for you.

You say that like it's a bad thing..  There are plenty of words I dont use because they are vulgar and do not need to be said. Does that make you a better person for using them? OOOOOH the edgy girl uses such vulgar language... Let's be like her. Grow up. 

• Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.