My Ls aren't any good

asvard17

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, asvard17 said:

Trying to buy any place here. 

you do have payment info used, on your profile so in the past it did work
try to buy on your accountpage instead of the viewer?. that you see the cashier page is totally normal.

if it doesn't work, check the status of your payment method itself, or contact billing support.

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You're going to have to be a bit more specific as to what is happening So we can try to help..

It appears that  SL accounts don't know what they are doing they are claiming my accountants  information for payment is invalided however it is current I did change the information but it doesn't work

3 minutes ago, asvard17 said:

It appears that  SL accounts don't know what they are doing they are claiming my accountants  information for payment is invalided however it is current I did change the information but it doesn't work

There are a few reasons why this could be

You have a new card and haven't updated

You are trying to use a debit card which isn't usually allowed except in a few cases

You are using paypal without any credit balance or credit card linked and verified 

The link I shared earlier will help tell you current valid payment methods to buy L$

If you can't figure it out, contact Billing:

Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  

Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

I happen to have all that and I updated twice.  I think I should close the account I am tried of the BS here. 

7 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You're going to have to be a bit more specific as to what is happening So we can try to help..

If you have repeatedly changed your billing information, especially in a short time period (added and subtracted either the same card, or different cards) it could (and likely will) cause a red flag to go up on the end of the bank associated with the card. This will then send a message to LL telling them that either A-the billing information is invalid, or B-they cannot accept your billing information(in which case, the only thing LL can tell you-or their finance department, is that your billing info is invalid, because that's what the bank told them).

Contact the actual bank associated with your payment information to ensure there isn't some trigger or flag that has gone off on their end.  This could quite likely be an issue on  the other end of the transaction, and is less likely to be on LL's end. I have had a similar issue when I placed an order on an online retail site which allows third party sellers. Because some of my order was coming from multiple sellers, my card was getting hit with multiple charges rather close together. This sends up a red flag to most financial institutions. Though sometimes they reconcile it on their own using algorithms in place on their end, this is not often the case. 

I have seen the exact same thing happen here to plenty of other people as well. It's usually remedied swiftly by contacting the bank associated, not LL. LL, and their finance department is under no obligation-they are in fact prohibited from,  telling you precisely what message/flag/trigger the bank sent them, because for all they know you could be using another person's info. This is why many get the same generic "your payment information is invalid" message. It's what they're supposed to tell you. 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, asvard17 said:

You haven't yet said what payment method you've tried to use. LL only accepts certain ones, as was pointed out earlier. If you're trying to use one that LL doesn't accept, you won't have any joy, even though it works fine in other places.

We can all assure of this:- the payment methods that LL accepts do work here.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.