Sign in to follow this  
RoshadAzamat

Second life voice breaks up when someone else talks

Question

If I'm on open voice and talking, when someone else talks it cuts me out complete until they've stopped talking

Does anyone else have this issue because I've had it for ages, used lots of different viewers but it keeps doing it 

1 answer to this question

If you leave your microphone live, it picks up everything around it...your voice, of course.  But also the sounds you make chewing Cheetos, the TV across the room, your kids yelling at each other...and any sounds coming from your speakers.

The latter is a particular problem, because if it picks up your own voice, it can cause a nasty feedback squeal.  To use Voice, the best choice is to use a headset with closed ear cups and a boom microphone.  A good alternative is to use a laptop computer; they are generally equipped with good noise cancellation.  The worst setup is a set of external speakers and a cheap desktop microphone.

You should also set up your Voice controls so that your mic only goes live when you press and hold a designated key, and turns off when you release the key.