Broken Mesh

Passion2010

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

There is need for more specific information in order to help you out.

• Where is the error popping up? In your 3D software or during upload?
  • What is the error being thrown at you? A screenshot of it would be most useful and straightforward

This is what I'm getting when I try to bind it 

Mesh help.jpg

It seems like the mesh has more than 3 values for its vertices coordinates.

One quick solution may be to export your shirt in OBJ format (wavefront) and re-import it in Blender. If that still produces this error, you might need to open the Console and copy/paste the extended version of the error from there, for (hopefully) more detailed info.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OptimoMaximo said:

It seems like the mesh has more than 3 values for its vertices coordinates.

Pretty sure it's an issue with the python code, or more likely the steps being taking before running said code (possibly selecting the wrong objects or wrong number of objects), rather than with the model itself.

"ValueError: too many values to unpack."

This error is caused when there are more values in whatever is being unpacked than the amount of variables you have specified to be read into. The solution is to specify a matching number of variables to be read into as are being unpacked.

50 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Pretty sure it's an issue with the python code, or more likely the steps being taking before running said code (possibly selecting the wrong objects or wrong number of objects), rather than with the model itself.

I thought that as well, before taking a close look at the picture, which clearly shows the selection. The number of objects being selected is 2, the shirt and the armature. That's why i always told Gaia to not automate the sh** out of the plug in. My best bet to avoid this kind of issues is to select the mesh, then the armature and hit CTRL-P -> with automatic weights, in order to use Blender's native (and more reliable) parenting to armature. If the problem still persists, then it's most likely the mesh itself that was produced using some method that created an oddity in its structure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

I thought that as well, before taking a close look at the picture, which clearly shows the selection. The number of objects being selected is 2, the shirt and the armature. That's why i always told Gaia to not automate the sh** out of the plug in. My best bet to avoid this kind of issues is to select the mesh, then the armature and hit CTRL-P -> with automatic weights, in order to use Blender's native (and more reliable) parenting to armature. If the problem still persists, then it's most likely the mesh itself that was produced using some method that created an oddity in its structure.

So I created the shirt in marvelous-design then imported it to blender by using the obj file, Could this have caused the problem. Sorry for not being very well educated on this.. Just now learning. 

Edited by Passion2010

57 minutes ago, Passion2010 said:

So I created the shirt in marvelous-design then imported it to blender by using the obj file, Could this have caused the problem. Sorry for not being very well educated on this.. Just now learning. 

I can't really know. I can suggest an additional step though

in Edit mode, select all and run a Remove Doubles, in case there are additional layers of vertices overlapping the visible ones

back in Object mode, select the shirt first, shift select the armature (in Object mode as well) and hit CTRL-P, from the roll out menu you will get by doing this, choose "with Automatic weights" option

Your garment should work if you do so, just skip all that unnecessary automation from avastar.

• Thanks 1

On a side note, meshes straight out of marvelous designer have horrendous topologies and are definitely not game friendly. The best thing to do is to do a retopology of it and extract normal and AO map for the retopologised model and rig that one instead.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Okay Thanks and I'm going to try it now and will let you know if it does work 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.