TacoLoser

Could not attach object. exceeds attachment limit of 38 objects. Please detach another object first.

Hi, I recently got this message when I tried adding a clothing item to myself on Social Island. I've never seen or received this message before up until today and I don't rightfully understand why, when there's people on Social Island with avatars exceeding 38 objects. Has anyone else gotten this or am I just being discriminated against here? I haven't really done anything particularly wrong. Please help.5b65f25481b9d_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.090b243a898045e3ba0abf445c0f80d6.png

It's not about the amount of objects but the attachment points used. For example: you can have a hat made with decorations and it all consisting in several objects linked, but the attachment point is only one, so it'll count as one. Several mesh bodies and clothing are one single object linked so they will only take one attachment point.

• Like 1

it is plain simple: you are wearing too much

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits

as Sylvanna pointed out it is all about attachment points. You can get more if you have rigged modable cloth - link your shirt to your pants and then wear the linkset - tada 1 item attachment point saved...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

It's not about the amount of objects but the attachment points used. For example: you can have a hat made with decorations and it all consisting in several objects linked, but the attachment point is only one, so it'll count as one. Several mesh bodies and clothing are one single object linked so they will only take one attachment point.

Okokokok. That totally makes sense. I've never really realized this before. Thanks so much for the help! <x

• Like 1

Before you get too excited about adding more to your outfit, be sure and check your Avatar Complexity Setting. Under 50,000 is a good number. And no I didn't change clothes or even move LOL.

complexity.thumb.jpg.3d0067530839bb01b9383c7fd3e139a2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Do all those social island huds they attach to you count too?

maybe, according to the wiki normal huds count

Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1