What program use to create a mesh house?

Stoonna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, jimbozman said:

Thanks Motoko, ChinRey for the tips and advise. Looks like a SketchUp model needs several adjustments when uploading in SL. I will try re-working on my mesh model again.

Depending of the model, a lot, sketchup is mostly a CAD/Architecture tool, it cares more about accurate measurements that can be used for construction and printing than about how clean or efficient the model is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Depending of the model, a lot, sketchup is mostly a CAD/Architecture tool, it cares more about accurate measurements that can be used for construction and printing than about how clean or efficient the model is.

That's true but to be fair to the SketchUp supporters, so are Blender and Maya and all the others.

I've been reading through this thread and im kind of confused about some of these responses. 

On 4/21/2019 at 6:59 AM, Motoko Oanomochi said:

Hello,

There are "secret weapons" specific softwares, but unfortunately, it is impossible to speak about it here, on this forum.

For example, do you know there is a piece of software, somewhere, to rig automatically any 3D objects for Second Life skeleton ?

Do you know there is, somewhere a piece of software to manage specifically the LOD of animesh specifically for Second life for any 3D objects ?

In fact the best softwares, even and mainly, if they are dedicated to Second life / Sansar, they can't be mentioned on this forum.

Um. What? 

I know you can autorig from MD for the sansar avatars, but what else is there? Avastar helps but I wouldn't call it an autorig.

Oh, and to the guy who can't walk in the house ... Did you change the physics type from convex hull to prim? I know it's a little like asking, is it plugged in? But this is often the solution.

Overall though, to build houses just learn your 3d program of choice. Use additional programs to help fix problems. Learn how to line up vertices to be precise, or snap tool. If you want, you can use prims in world and then convert it to mesh. Nothing fancy. There are very nice houses built this way.

The hard part is puzzling out the uv map and figuring out how many textures you're okay with using and or baking.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.