I'm from Europe, I cannot get my age (Aristotle), paypal or credit card verified. What can I do?

LittleBiano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

You might already be age verified. I remember when I age-verified, I was seeing error on the page and looks like maybe it didn't go through. It is a little unclear, but when I talked to Lindens, they confirmed to me that I was successfully age-verified already. One way to test is attempt to visit an Adult region. If you can enter, you are age-verified successfully.

If you cannot enter an Adult region, try going back to the age verification page and enter your info again carefully making sure the data you have entered in all fields on the form is correct. Any little mistake could make the attempt fail :smileysurprised:

You might call the billing number to confirm your credit card and paypal to make sure you have no issues there. From outside Canada or the USA, they are reachable here: 703-286-6277

Hey man, welcome to the same old wreckage of a ship of all of us. I would suggest you to not give up because you can fix that, just like I did. I gave this answer in other posts here in the community, I'm sorry to repeat it again but I believe this is important for many of you, for all those people  who faced my same difficulties. I struggled for 3 weeks, sent several messages to the Lindens without any respons, also called the support via phone from Italy and still nothing. 

I tried Age Verification again a couple of days ago ad finally it went through. Here my suggestion. Just go to the Age Verification page even if you are not in the USA like me and be careful to:

1. if your surname is a compound surname like mine, for example De Niro, just write the surname as one word only, in my case I wrote exactly as DeNiro leaving no space in between the two words.
  2. I always tried using my identity card but always failed so I tried the italian version of Personal Identification Number, which in Italy is "codice fiscale" {fiscal code} and contains consonants of name and surname and birthday data numbers in it. Basically I believe every Country has a correspondance with one of the method  included in the Age Verification form.

Now, my surname is clearly wrongly reported, the space between the two words is important in fact. I kept  the capital letters to try to avoid any complain but who can really complain  me when is their fault only? The ridiculous part of this is that to fix that form should be enough to add a correct variable in the code behind it! I hope they are going to  notice that at the Lab!!!

I successfully age verified myself and gained my freedom finally. I still found no way to add any credit card yet because the relative submission button in Payment Info section seems missing totally. But that's, of course, all another story.

Good Luck... and  have a happy Second Life!

ENKOODABOOAOO

"The one who lives alone"

Paypal is not accepted as a payment method for those outside the US, though there is some hope for later this year if you see this latest blog http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/On-the-Road-to-Local-Payments/ba-p/845611 and http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Local_Payments_Help

As for your credit card or to find an alternate method that you can use, make a free call to the billing number:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

If none of those numbers are in your Country you can email to: support@payments.secondlife.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.