Problem Uploading Snapshots to Twitter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there, i wasn't sure where to post this so i apologise in advance if i'm in the wrong section and trust that it will be moved to the correct slot. 

I've been trying to upload snapshots to Twitter without success.  This is a feature that, AFAIK, is offered across all viewers, but doesn't appear to work on any consistently.  

Any ideas on anything i can do myself to eliminate this annoying bug if, in fact, that's what it is?  I'm assuming a bug because i hear that the Twitter feature works for some people and not others. 

I really, REALLY want this feature  to work.  I'd be very grateful for any theories or suggestions offered.  Thank you.  :-)

Edited by squashy Beeswing
wording

36 minutes ago, squashy Beeswing said:

I'd be very grateful for any theories or suggestions offered.  Thank you.  :-)

1. Save SL snapshot to disk

2. Open web browswer

3. Navigate to Splatter...

4. Upload new splatter picture from disk

5. Splatter Achieved!

It's probably this bug, which is fairly new: BUG-225015 - Snapshot - Problem connecting to Twitter error

If you already have your Twitter account linked in the viewer, you can continue to post to Twitter.
However attempting to connect your Twitter account currently will fail.

It appears Twitter changed something at the back end & it broke being able to connect to your Twitter account in SL viewers, even old SL viewers.

You can DuckDuckGo (a.k.a. "Google" for the privacy-careless) anything "Twitter API" or "3rd Party Twitter" and find a flood of news stories about how Twitter is changing their API and how it will break most, if not all third-party Twitter Clients for desktops, smartphones, and so on.

SL also uses that API. That API was changed in the middle of July. When that change happened, it broke everything that is not Twitter itself. Twitter wants you to use their website.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

SL also uses that API. That API was changed in the middle of July. When that change happened, it broke everything that is not Twitter itself. Twitter wants you to use their website.

Which is why I said...

On 02 August 2018 at 11:14 AM, Klytyna said:

1. Save SL snapshot to disk

2. Open web browswer

3. Navigate to Splatter...

4. Upload new splatter picture from disk

5. Splatter Achieved!

When they cripple the API the "automation" depends on, you have no alternative but to do it by hand...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all your replies.   It appears i will not be able to use this feature.  

I do, of course, save pictures to my hard drive for later editing if i want to upload them to Flickr etc.   However, for the purposes of the Twitter feed the whole idea was to be spontaneous (even impulsive!) and upload raw, unedited shots with a sentence or two of commentary.   Having to save pictures to disk or even sending directly to email and copying from there defeats the whole object for me. 

I do appreciate your suggestions and understand that this problem is down to Twitter changes and not SL, so thank you all for clarifying that for me.   It's rather disappointing but i'll get over it.   :-(

Edited by squashy Beeswing
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.