When Second Life imitates Art...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am very excited after my recent photoshoot today. Having created a new custom pose for the piece, I have assembled photos based on a sculpture I created inworld as well as Bryce. It was so cool to be a part of the process directly. It's alot of work setting up initially and setting windlight settings selecting a custom skin for wardrobe, lighting, and action! If anyone wants to add thier statuesque photos,GuardiansofOzTherealitybyHunterStern700C.png please do!

• Like 3

Thank you guys :smileyhappy:

I'm still working with various sets and trying to utilize every effect I can think of at my disposal for photographing in SL, but I want it all derived from SL. In the past I've  spent countless hours learning every technique from photoshop and other offline programs I could wrap around my head with. Now I want SL to form the art to where I can simply snap a picture, and only have to do minimal effect (such as  cropping, cleaning, and mabey some gamma, but only 2%-5% and the other 95-98% SL content).

This moring My twin and I went to our newest set which is done in white alabaster, a skin was made matching the wall as well and then apha clothing layers. We then stood in as the models instead of using sculpted avatar form or object maniquins. This latest work was a struggle though, from the sit pose to the lighting and windlight selections. That and we had to be sure to create a feature the eye focased on without getting lost in the set. We're still not done with this piece (IMO).

EnlightenmentSigned600.png

• Like 1

ty wildcat :) ,still trying to figure out how to get the proportions just  right on this set. It's a long room perspective angle and hard not to chop off areas that should be in the image, even after moving pose balls.

I guess alot of my drive to do these 'Live' model shots are for people who are wondering if it's possible to get surreal or amazing effects with inworld snapshots, if one doesn't have access to graphics editors ( though there are free ones like The Gimp), and some people don't have the patiences to log out and edit the image further or follow countless hours (even days,lol) of  tutorials. And being as  this is an arts and photography forum. I'm hoping people creating thier works directly inworld know they don't always have to have those editors on hand to achieve some really new looks in art. It's all in our grasp within the tools and contents we have inworld too, to push the limits and see what is possible. I remember what SL looked like back in 2004 and how I wanted to help shape that look and those ideas. One can only imagine what SL will appear like in 5 years from now :)

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.