how to use the marketplace

LeaSvetlana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I am trying to use and search in market place

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/

I would like a filter without demo. When I am searching I have only demo demo and I need to search manualy what I want. Example I want long hair. I type Long hair  sort by price and I have many many pages of demo.

Second problem I have when I search by key word, I am not sure it works. I have so many things out of my search

Exemple I search hair and I found hands, shape etc...

How to use the search engine of the market place. Maybe I don't know how to use it. Thank you for your help

You can search for "long hair NOT demo" (the capital letters are needed) and that will filter out most of the demos, though not them all as some makers have sneaky ways of getting around that. Then you can filter by category (the list on the left of the page), like Avatar Accessories -> Hair -> Women's Long Hair. However, not all long hair has "long hair" in its title, so you might be better to search for simply "NOT demo" then use the category filter.

Edited by angeoco
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, LeaSvetlana said:

Maybe I don't know how to use it. Thank you for your help

don't worry about that, MP isn't very userfriendly when it comes to this.

In addition to angeoco, you can "play" a bit with the cop/mod/trans preferences (very effective for filtering cacha;s) ánd the costs.. when you set the low value at 5L nearly all demo's will be gone.

• Sad 1

• Moderators

Hi LeaSvetlana!

The absolutely easiest way look for the items is to go to the appropriate Long Hair category.  You do not specify if you are looking for men's or women's long hair though :(

Women's Long Hair

Men's Long Hair

You can click the appropriate link above, or follow the next steps to locate the sub-categories using the Marketplace Category Menu Options. 

The Long Hair sub-categories are located through the menu on the left by clicking on Avatar Accessories - Hair and you will see both Men's Long Hair and Women's Long Hair as sub-categories. Click on the one you want. :)

Once you are in the Long Hair sub-category you want, scroll down the menu on the left and enter 2 for the minimum price, then hit the Enter key on your keyboard. 

The Marketplace will then filter all listings in the category to only show you items with a minimum price of 2L. 

This should eliminate 99% of the Demo listings in the category.

Edited by Dakota Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.