You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!!

I recently came back in Second Life after being gone for about 4 years and it's getting quite lonely. I am looking for someone who wants to have a stable, fun and serious relationship in Second Life and Real Life. I am 34 years old so looking for someone around that age. I am Heterosexual and live in Canada. I do not mind long distance relationships. I love going to shopping events, clubbing, exploring and/or just hanging out.

If you wish to know more about me, please contact me inworld (which is the same name), I am very bad at keeping track with the forum.

Pleasure to meet you.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 8/7/2018 at 11:04 AM, WiseGuy74 said:

Hi just wondering if we can talk if not sorry to bother you.

I am not trying to be a b*tch here, but...   Maybe I should just speak for myself and not all women, okay, maybe I'll speak for lot's of women when I say, be more forceful.  If a guy comes up to me and says "Hi just wondering if we can talk if not sorry to bother you."  I am more likely to keep looking for another man with more confidence.  

Edited by Donna Underall
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, Donna Underall said:

I am not trying to be a b*tch here, but...   Maybe I should just speak for myself and not all women, okay, maybe I'll speak for lot's of women when I say, be more forceful.  If a guy comes up to me and says "Hi just wondering if we can talk if not sorry to bother you."  I am more likely to keep looking for another man with more confidence.  

Being confident in one's self does not translate into being more forceful. The more forceful a guy is, the more it rankles me. 

He was confident enough to actually make the post, he just needs to work on his wording and delivery. ;)

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Being confident in one's self does not translate into being more forceful. The more forceful a guy is, the more it rankles me. 

I agree... with both of you. I think forceful isn't the best word for what Donna is talking about, it's confidence. 

Men acting overly forceful usually implies a lack of confidence, leading to the guy overcompensating and acting like a parody of a "man". It's every bit as cringeworthy as the guy that's already grovelling for an apology before he's finished a single sentence.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I agree... with both of you. I think forceful isn't the best word for what Donna is talking about, it's confidence. 

Men acting overly forceful usually implies a lack of confidence, leading to the guy overcompensating and acting like a parody of a "man". It's every bit as cringeworthy as the guy that's already grovelling for an apology before he's finished a single sentence.

Amy Winehouse said it best in “Stronger than Me”

2 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Yes, this is it exactly.  I am looking for confidence in a man not bullying or aggressive or loud, just confidence.

Some women would appreciate his reply, some won't... some like a total badass, some like em rich, some like clean cut, some like em in rehab ...the list goes on, he responded ,good on em, i didn't, not my cup o tea...but confidence or lack there of , i don't believe justifies alienation, or isolation, as i firmly believe that doors swings both ways on both sexes.....what one can call lack of confidence another may call charming and respectful...

Edited by Bausha
  • Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.