Jump to content
  • 0
Lydia Alberti

Suddenly I'm having teleport problems, and get disconnected

Question

The past few days I've noticed that I'm having trouble teleporting. When I TP, it takes a while and then I get the popup saying I have been logged out of Second Life. I can't teleport anywhere :(

I've searched the forums for answers and quite a few posts mention having complex folder structures in the inventory and heavy scripts. To test this, I logged into my Alt account which basically has no inventory, and no HUDs and noticed I still had the same problem.

I then noticed to see if it was internet problem, but I ran the speedtest and I get good results. To test it out, I tethered my phone using mobile data to my computer to see if the internet was better. It yielded the same result. 

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Update 1: I've also noticed it takes ages for the sim to load and even then the sim is partially loaded, and my avi too. 

Edited by Lydia Alberti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
8 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Are you only getting disconnected when teleporting out of or into a specific region?

I think it disconnects in any region I teleport in or out of. But I've noticed it takes a really long time for the sim to start loading stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I've had worse and worse experience teleporting. I tested my connection via SpeedTest.net. I was getting 15MB download... I usually get 50+.

I restarted the gateway and I'm back to 60MB.

SpeedTest.net provides a decent check of the general quality of your connection. But, what we are really interested in our connection to the SL servers. We need to test that specific connection. You can do that with these steps: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I've had worse and worse experience teleporting. I tested my connection via SpeedTest.net. I was getting 15MB download... I usually get 50+.

I restarted the gateway and I'm back to 60MB.

SpeedTest.net provides a decent check of the general quality of your connection. But, what we are really interested in our connection to the SL servers. We need to test that specific connection. You can do that with these steps: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

These are the results I got when I ran the test to the SL servers: 

a19e6e9b1ab29ab3f86ea6909bb387e2.png

Edited by Lydia Alberti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

OK, so somehow a windows update has fixed this problem. Not sure why it was broken in the first place but I think an older windows patch was causing connection issues. Now it seems to have resolved itself with a windows update *sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, Lydia Alberti said:

OK, so somehow a windows update has fixed this problem. Not sure why it was broken in the first place but I think an older windows patch was causing connection issues. Now it seems to have resolved itself with a windows update *sigh

Glad it fixed. The Windows update probably didn't fix the issue, but may be. 

I suggest you run the TRACERT again and see what it shows. Lines 2 and 6 are common for routers that do not send back ID info. But, line 7 shows a problem. So, there was a problem in the Level3.net service. That single point was adding 130+/- ms to your parket travel time. Plus it appears it was dropping packets. I tend to suspect they were the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Glad it fixed. The Windows update probably didn't fix the issue, but may be. 

I suggest you run the TRACERT again and see what it shows. Lines 2 and 6 are common for routers that do not send back ID info. But, line 7 shows a problem. So, there was a problem in the Level3.net service. That single point was adding 130+/- ms to your parket travel time. Plus it appears it was dropping packets. I tend to suspect they were the problem.

So I ran it again and this is what I got:
 

016edb3f53693b5cd797da321c8584e0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Still a big jump between 6 and 8... I would check it a few times a day. Preferably in the SLT AM. I would bet that line 7 is Level3.net router is still having problems. Save your results. If it doesn't clear up talk to your ISP's support and Linden support. Let them see where the slow down is and they will likely get it fixed.

I am guessing between 6 and 7 is the handoff for crossing the pond. So, that 130+ms add could be normal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Still a big jump between 6 and 8... I would check it a few times a day. Preferably in the SLT AM. I would bet that line 7 is Level3.net router is still having problems. Save your results. If it doesn't clear up talk to your ISP's support and Linden support. Let them see where the slow down is and they will likely get it fixed.

I am guessing between 6 and 7 is the handoff for crossing the pond. So, that 130+ms add could be normal...

Seems like 130+ms sounds normal, given that I'm quite far from the SL servers, so I hadn't thought that was much of an issue. For now it works perfectly fine, so I shall keep an eye out. Thanks v much :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...