Multiple alt accounts?

AyokaKirasagi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I wanted to ask if its "allowed" to own multiple alt accounts? 

I own many accounts but just right now this question came into my mind.

I use 2 accounts on a daily basis, but in the past I created more then 5 accounts I guess, but in the last few months I never used more then 4 alt accounts.

If I remember correctly all the others but the 2 I still use are deactivated but I'm not sure.

Is this "allowed"?

What can I do other then deactivate the ones I dont use? Because if I understood correctly, it isnt possible to "delete" them right? 

And I also cant remember each name of the accounts I dont use anymore.

Thank you very much!

9 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, AyokaKirasagi said:

I use 2 accounts on a daily basis, but in the past I created more then 5 accounts I guess, but in the last few months I never used more then 4 alt accounts.

If I remember correctly all the others but the 2 I still use are deactivated but I'm not sure.

Is this "allowed"?

What can I do other then deactivate the ones I dont use? Because if I understood correctly, it isnt possible to "delete" them right? 

Thank you very much!

Here is the "official" info http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alt_account_policies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, AyokaKirasagi said:

Is this "allowed"?

Thank you very much!

To start... Alts are not forbidden!
second.. for LL alts are no different than your main.. both are full accounts, the only difference that you can make is that, as example, your "main" is premium and the "alts" are not.

leave them where they are, and use them at your own plan.
As long you keep TOS and guidelines, there normally are no problems nor reasons for LL to terminate accounts or put them on hold.

( official docs tell max 5 per household, but as far i know this isn't enforced for many years anymore, i know several people who have lots more than that)
see ( the old and never updated ) http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alt_account_policies

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AyokaKirasagi said:

So I'm all fine because I use second life like it should be used, and my many accounts arent something "wrong"?

If so, then I dont have to worry about anything I guess , rihjt? :D

Eyupp, ... just don't get yourself banned - The Lab has a way of knowing which avis belong to the same household and might ban all ;)

Do as I do and write down password and name of each alt on a piece of paper and store it in a secure location (mine are in a safe with my other business login/account data)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.