Looking for Some Help and Ideas for Uneven Land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently bought my first piece of beach land and it is a on a little bit of an angle and I am having a hard time getting any of my houses to sit right. Is there anything I can buy or anything I can do to fix this. This is as low as the back land will get so when I place my house half of it is under the ground because of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Maxi :D

I would like to use my (ba) mansfield converted barn - {Noble} TM edition on my land if I could.

Beach land_001.jpg

This isn't all that different from RL situations. Solution there is to either dig into the ground or build a foundation so the house sits level. If you can't terraform down any more, digging into the ground won't be an option. Building a level foundation is easy though - classic prim shoved into the land textured with a brick or stone wall-type texture. Or cement or whatever you fancy or can imagine.

Adding plants or rocks to soften that edge and blend it into the landscape is RL too. Plenty of ideas there. And examples from SL, have a look round at what other people have done.

But start with the prim approach to get a feel for what you want to suit your land, house and tastes. I can't remember what's in the library textures any more, but check those out for possibilities to experiment with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

But start with the prim approach to get a feel for what you want to suit your land, house and tastes. I can't remember what's in the library textures any more, but check those out for possibilities to experiment with.

In addition to the library textures, at the Linden Home area info hubs, you can pick up free Linden Home texture packs.  (Each themed info hub has the texture pack for that theme). 

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.