The Second Life Mafia

Maximillien Admiral

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen many mafia roleplays in the modern roleplay sims.

They do well and ad to the Story *if* the players keep a good separation between what id *in character* and their *out of character* interactions with other Players.

I have also seen Russian-Style Mafiya that continually crossed the line between in-character and out-of-character cause so much drama that they killed two roleplay sims. That was mainly poor player-ship and poor Administration though, not because it was in-character organized crime.

One thing about unscripted roleplay though, when out-of-character egos get involved it can be messy.  Even the powerful mafiosi need to be prepared to lose occasionally, so that the other players don't shy away from RPing with you......

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

u should only recruit ppls that share their 512 allowance with u and acceppt to pay once a 100 to 300 group entry fées (that would symbolise the mafia protection). Then, the group could buy lands and rent them. With that rental, u could effectively pays tiers and rent back to group members at 10 percent of original tier... And may be u could rent several shares offre that Land. Si if ppm leave, they tale bck their 512 but paid at least some rental. Im me if u wish to talk about that.

Sure, it's a necropost.  But the OP should've looked even further back.  Once upon a time, there WAS a Mafia in Second Life.  It was based on the Mafia depicted in Neal Stephenson's book, "Snow Crash".  This was Uncle Enzo's Mafia, whose slogan was, "You've Got a Friend in the Family" and who advertised openly on billboards and on TV.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.