VAT number required?

Zia Branner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I have a basic account. I want to open a store on MP. Then I read I need a VAT number to do this because I live in Europe.

I don't have a VAT registration number. In the Netherlands you only get a VAT number when you have a RL store or business.

Does that mean I cannot open a store on MP in SL? I will not use US dollars but Linden dollars for the things I sell on MP.

I would like to have an answer and/or help on this please. Thank you.

Zia Branner

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Zia Branner said:

Hi,

I have a basic account. I want to open a store on MP. Then I read I need a VAT number to do this because I live in Europe.

I don't have a VAT registration number. In the Netherlands you only get a VAT number when you have a RL store or business.

Does that mean I cannot open a store on MP in SL? I will not use US dollars but Linden dollars for the things I sell on MP.

I would like to have an answer and/or help on this please. Thank you.

Zia Branner

nee voor een MP store heb je geen VAT nodig, , het gaat hierbij of je btw moet betalen over bepaalde fees ( zoals landkosten direct van LL, geldt dus ook niet als je huurt van een ander)  in SL.

Je hoeft daar dus niets in te vullen. Je moet dat gewoon betalen als particulier. ( je bent dus niét exempt van VAT)

Je móet echter wel payment info hebben, dus een verified paypal, skril of een echte credit card aan je account koppelen. En als je die ooit wil gebruiken, ook om L$ te verkopen en evt naar rl te sturen, moet die actief en gebruikt zijn.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.