AnitaMeanie

AnitaMeanie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

not sure why you put this in Forum Feedback. Can't imagine a forum change/suggestion will help you a lot.

If you use a tpv viewer, first place to ask is in thát specific usergroup.

As you say you use rlv, i'm more or less thinking in that direction. Try switching it of, or use a different viewer (pref LL because that doesn't have rlv) and see if the problem still is there.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 28 July 2018 at 2:27 AM, AnitaMeanie said:

Can anyone help?

RLV it's self shouldn't affect tickboxes on the snapshot panel, as far as I'm aware, so it may simply be a glitch in the code for the latest version of Marine's viewer, try rolling back to a previous version or try a different viewer with RLVa support.

I'd suggest catznip as it will a) provide the least culture shock, for a Marine's user, and b) because it hasn't been updated as recently as some of the others, in case this is a glitch in the actual LL merge code recently.

DON'T allow vanillas to drive you out of RLV/RLVa with scaremongering about something they generally don't use or understand.

• Haha 2

On 7/28/2018 at 2:53 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

not sure why you put this in Forum Feedback. Can't imagine a forum change/suggestion will help you a lot.

As you say you use rlv, i'm more or less thinking in that direction. Try switching it of, or use a different viewer (pref LL because that doesn't have rlv) and see if the problem still is there.

+1

36 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

who does/did?

Didn't you know, your lack of a certain sexual fetish prevents you from giving advice for a technical problem and every suggestion, that could even for a short moment include not using RLV, makes you a clueless, lesser person that pushes an agenda against BDSM. 9_9

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

Didn't you know, your lack of a certain sexual fetish prevents you from giving advice for a technical problem and every suggestion, that could even for a short moment include not using RLV, makes you a clueless, lesser person that pushes an agenda against BDSM. 9_9

TIL

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

lack of a certain sexual fetish

erm.. i have so many sexual fetishes it would shock 99% of SL residents.. most are so unsuitable for the forums i'd be banned for life even hinting on them :)

[just kidding, im so boring vannila even my mum would be shocked]

[edit] except socks.....:$

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Didn't you know...

It's a regular occurrence here on the forums, that if somebody has a possible viewer related glitch, standard practice is to tell them to disable RLV/RLVa or better yet, switch to the SL Inferiority Viewer.

Often this is done even when it is blatantly obvious that RLV has nothing to do with the problem.

It has nothing to do with sexual fetishes, and everything to do with knowledge.

If somebody doesn't use RLV, has never used RLV, doesn't want to use RLV, and knows nothing about RLV, why take them seriously when they say...

"Ah... your neighbors breedables keep wandering onto your parcel? Disable your RLV and switch to the SL Inferiority Viewer and see if that fixes it"

it's almost as common as those "We can't help you with your problem landlord unless you tell us what graphics card you use... Wat r ur specs? R ur drivas upto date m8?"

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

who does/did?

*coughs*

On 28 July 2018 at 7:53 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

As you say you use rlv, i'm more or less thinking in that direction. Try switching it of, or use a different viewer (pref LL because that doesn't have rlv)

That answer your question? For starters, you can't switch off RLV in Marine's viewer.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

That answer your question? For starters, you can't switch off RLV in Marine's viewer.

you won't listen to any explanation anyway, but it will feel better for myself, that why i said "or try the LL one to see if it's rlv related"

and while knowing your approach i think i didn't say anything wrong with telling to switch to another viewer to see if it shows the source of the problem and how to prevent it.

But don't worry, i still love you like before  :P

Perhaps we should tag you next time somebody with rlv is in trouble, who cares they have to wait days or weeks till you decide to show up again.

On 28/07/2018 at 2:53 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

I'm not very familiar with Marine's RLV, but it's either ...

1. It's a bug (no .. its not)
  2. ALL HUDs are being rendered because there is a single locked HUD (or perhaps other attachment) and this is an intentional "anti cheating" feature 

Marine's viewer offers a somewhat different experience with RLV compared to RLVa. It really would not surprise me of this was the latter and entirely expected behavior.

I totally get that "disable RLV" is generally an annoyingly pointless first call for people trying to debug unclear viewer problems, but this one is pretty cut and dry. I'm going to give it to Alwin.

RLVa OTOH does allow you to take snapshots without HUDs even if some of them are locked. And while this does make peeking out under a blindfold possible, it removes the major and more common annoyance of not being able to take snapshots that are't covered in locked on UI clutter (relays, keys, etc etc).

w3dNhdk.png

Edited by CoffeeDujour
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

Didn't you know...

It's a regular occurrence here on the forums, that if somebody has a possible viewer related glitch, standard practice is to tell them to disable RLV/RLVa or better yet, switch to the SL Inferiority Viewer.

Often this is done even when it is blatantly obvious that RLV has nothing to do with the problem.

It has nothing to do with sexual fetishes, and everything to do with knowledge.

If somebody doesn't use RLV, has never used RLV, doesn't want to use RLV, and knows nothing about RLV, why take them seriously when they say...

"Ah... your neighbors breedables keep wandering onto your parcel? Disable your RLV and switch to the SL Inferiority Viewer and see if that fixes it"

it's almost as common as those "We can't help you with your problem landlord unless you tell us what graphics card you use... Wat r ur specs? R ur drivas upto date m8?"

*coughs*

I'm pretty sure the "switch to SL viewer" is not meant as a permanent solution for peoples Problems, but rather a means to rule out whether or not it IS a viewer-problem. So if it is, you can try re-installing, if not, search elsewhere. Since OP mentioned she's using a RLV viewer, I think it's only logical to look if it might have something to do with that.

Coffee's comments above are the most accurate, in my eyes. This is anti-cheating. It stops a naughty sub peeking out of a blindfold.

On 28/07/2018 at 4:53 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

Try switching it of

No. Please don't do this.

The OP chose to enable RLV for a reason, they need to live inside that choice, and part of that means they must NOT log in without RLV active unless it's a super-amazing situation. This is not such a situation in my eyes.

OP needs to solve this with marine's group in world, or have their dominant clear the restriction.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Klytyna said:

DON'T allow vanillas to drive you out of RLV/RLVa with scaremongering about something they generally don't use or understand.

Shhh Klytyna, RL BDSM is consensual - I never understood the need for RLV in submission anyways - either you submit or you don't - being forced is not submitting ...

and now back to topic...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.