Fatpack into huds Help on how to do

AmethestPearl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Everyone I need some help. I’m re-doing all my single items/Fatpack into huds but I’m stuck on how to do It. 

I could either delete everything and pretty much start over releasing them as huds but that will be 3/4 of my store contents OR

I could delete the vendors as I released them but I thought it might cause some issues if people bought a single item and the next week I release it as a Hud. Though I will be offering to upgrade to anyone who’s bought in the last month.

Has anyone done this and could share there experience about it.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I know it’s a stupid thing to ask but I really can’t decide what to do

Edited by AmethestPearl

My idea on it:

Put a big sign over the single items explaining what is going to happen soon, so potential buyers will know to either wait for the HUD version or keep a backup because eventually the redelivery will also fall away.

Tell your group about your plans too - so anyone who wants a backup can get a redelivery in time.

Edited by Fionalein

• Moderators

Hello AmethestPearl!

My personal recommendation would be to create the new HUD version, and then add that new HUD version to the Marketplace as a new Product Listing.  

You could then add a very prominent note on the existing listing linking to the new HUD Version or the item/s.  The Related Items options on the existing single item listings should also be used to link to the new HUD Version.

Eventually, the sales on your single item listings will fall off, and may eventually stop all together, and at that point you can unlist or delete the single item versions of the items.  

There is a little bit of initial work going back and adding the link to the new HUD version on the listings for the single items, and setting up the Related Items link, compared to just putting up a new listing, but I think in the long run, this may end up being the easiest option with the least amount of hassle. 

Once you have created your first HUD version of your existing single items, drop an update in here and I can further walk you through the process described above if you would like!

• Like 1

I am with Dakota on this. I think "changing" is likely a bad plan if you are going to keep existing products.

There are some creators who sell individually and also in fatpack huds (often with bonus colors and patters ONLY available int the sets). Baiastice and Blueberry are two that I can think of quickly.  So ADDING a fatpack hud to the existing products may be? 

If you decide you want to drop single items from your inventory you can just start making your NEW items with huds and as the older ones -- well, get older --- you can retire them. Then the folks that bought the single items won't feel cheated. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your suggestions I appreciate it.

Dakota: the only bad thing about that is going back and editing the MP listings. There is over 500 Fatpacks with most 10 colours so over 5000 listings. 

I have each pack in a multi vendor in my in world store it all takes up a lot of room as well as prims. Most of them have mesh body sizes so I don’t want to retire them yet.  That’s why I came up with the idea to re-release them as huds. 

i have made nearly all of the items as huds took forever to do and am ready to release them but stuck on how to do it. everyone your suggestions are very helpful 

A lot of stores keep the single colours around for the shoppers on a low budget and have the fatpacks at 2 to 10 times single colour price... You would be surprised how many still buy the fatpacks even if they onyl want one colour right now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AmethestPearl said:

I have each pack in a multi vendor in my in world store it all takes up a lot of room as well as prims. Most of them have mesh body sizes so I don’t want to retire them yet.  That’s why I came up with the idea to re-release them as huds. 

i have made nearly all of the items as huds took forever to do and am ready to release them but stuck on how to do it. everyone your suggestions are very helpful 

Just a couple of ideas to throw into the mix:

The single versions could stay on MP with the HUD versions available both inworld and on MP. Most folks understand needing to save prims.

Does the vendor system you use require the item to be in a specific vendor inworld for redeliveries or could the single versions be stuffed in a box? If that wouldn't work, you could offer to send redeliveries on the single versions out as needed. (Assuming of course that you've kept the transaction records.)

Upgrades are good PR. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.