How would I figure out someone elses clothing

FullMetalfox2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Yes, yes. This.

There are a few on marketplace (even a freebie one) and I also have the old FashionSpy (now apparently defunct?) - but "What Is She Wearing?" HUD is the best of them ALL.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, FullMetalfox2 said:

There doesnt seem to be an ability to scan an avatar thats not around

thats how SL works normally. If you (or your script) can't see another person, then you can't see what they are wearing

if you want to see what your friend is wearing who is not within your (or your scripts) view then you will need your friend to wear a script (or use a custom-made viewer) that communicates with an external-to-SL server that you own and/or have access to

edit add:

just to be complete. The custom-made viewer and/or script that the friend is wearing can alternatively communicate info via Instant Message, obviating the need for an external server

Edited by ellestones

What is she wearing HUD works great for scanning one person at a time, but lately I've started using the Firestorm Area Search to scan the whole crowd. Use the filters to set to scan for attachments and you get a wealth of information in a couple of seconds time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

What is she wearing HUD works great for scanning one person at a time, but lately I've started using the Firestorm Area Search to scan the whole crowd. Use the filters to set to scan for attachments and you get a wealth of information in a couple of seconds time. 

That's great if you're just a voyeur. But if you just want to know which head that person over there is wearing because it's piqued your interest then a HUD like "What's She Wearing" is a superior option.

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

That's great if you're just a voyeur. But if you just want to know which head that person over there is wearing because it's piqued your interest then a HUD like "What's She Wearing" is a superior option.

Not so. You can get the creator name from the area search and the name of the object the person is wearing. You can pull up the creator profile to find the location of the store or usually a link to their MP. 

Edited by Blush Bravin

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Not so. You can get the creator name from the area search and the name of the object the person is wearing. You can pull up the creator profile to find the location of the store or usually a link to their MP. 

Actually what I say IS true, because then you don't have to sift through the other 30 to 60 avatars just to find what you're looking for. Which is what you'll need to do if you don't know the name of the object they are wearing and thus: no specific word to do a search by object name.

But it's okay, you win!!! I bow to your genius and back away in a humble bow, shaking in dread. :)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Actually what I say IS true, because then you don't have to sift through the other 30 to 60 avatars just to find what you're looking for. Which is what you'll need to do if you don't know the name of the object they are wearing and thus: no specific word to do a search by object name.

But it's okay, you win!!! I bow to your genius and back away in a humble bow, shaking in dread. :)

Simply sort by owner name. You should know the avatar's name. Then you can see the same information given with the What's She Wearing hud. This isn't a contest. I remind you of what I said in the beginning of my post, "What is she wearing HUD works great for scanning one person at a time..." I was simply offering another method to get the same information without having to use a HUD. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I find the what is she wearing hud useful as the info goes to your chat, it hotlinks to the creator, and it includes the name of the avatar, I am not sure that that info would still be in area search if the person was to tp away while you were looking? where as with the free HUD you have it and can even look at it later. Unless of course area search has a copy to clipboard function which would make the same thing possible just a few extra steps.

I do like the area search concept if you wanted to gather some kind of data overall. Useful tips all of them.

I will admit to playing a game with mine, if I am bored and want to shop I just click a random person, do not look at them at all, and then click a creator and visit the store, it can be fun and has also cost me lots of money by finding awesome creations that way. 

If I want to know what someone is wearing specifically though, I IM and I ask, I feel that it is nice to let someone know you admire their look, their own shopping skills etc. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.