Crashign error "LLVBOPool buffer"

Bebe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good day!

I know that this is not a forum for Firestorm support but if anyone is able to explain to me what that kind of error means I could go on and try to fix it myself. Whenever I'm on a specific sim (I never had issues by being on a crowded sim before, but then I installed this new version of Firestorm, but to be honest I never really tped to that sim as much as I been lately)  and I tried not camming around and even then I will get this error after some time by being there. I don't want to derender every single avatar, I tried derendering half and still got the message. What does that mean? Feels like memory issue, maybe related to my graphic card?

7 answers to this question

Advice from the Firestorm wiki:

Disable VBO: Run Firestorm and before logging in, press Ctrl-P to bring up the Preferences window. Then click on Graphics → Hardware Settings tab. Make sure that “Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects” is not checked.

I notice also that there is a debug setting for RenderMaxVBOSize, but I would be cautious about messing with it.  It may have a cap anyway, but increasing it could also cause other memory issues.

3 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

What's the name of the region where you are crashing?

I honestly don't remember now but it had 20+ avatars all in the same room, weird thing is that I often go to crowded places, it does lag but I never really have that issue. I did the "VBO" box unchecking but I still experienced the same crash. I ended up derendering half ot the avatars to fix it, but it's the very first time I face something like that with firestorm.

Did you accidentally install the 32bit version of Firestorm instead of the 64bit?

It sounds like you are crashing from out of memory.  Out of memory crashes are very prevalent on 32bit viewers.

In the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Firestorm.
Click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.