Carlos Kamachi

Stream Youtube live video on SL

Question

Hi,

I am trying several tutorials to show an youtube livestream as web content on a prime, but i got the message " Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video". I could noy find any help on google. Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-25 at 21.03.24.jpeg

2 answers to this question

Probably not...

The Lindens have been working on removing the need for QuickTime and improving CEF rendering in the viewer. The original work for MOAP was a 2011 thing with changes in 2014, 2015, and late 2017 and some more just recently. So, older tutorials are likely wrong... anything pre-2017 is suspect.

Most of the SL Wiki stuff is 2011... :/

The original thread on CEF-MOAP is here. (2015) I think I last wrote about in June 2015. Second Life: Chrome Embedded Framework Update

So, you may have to figure it out. I couldn't find any current videos or other tutorials on getting YouTube on a prim. I know it works because I have my blog site on a prim in front of my SL home. I just tried playing a YouTube video I have on my site from in-world using MOAP and it works.

IM me in-world and I'll send you a LM. The site link is in my signature. You can look at the page source to see what display code WordPRess is using.

8 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

IM me in-world and I'll send you a LM. The site link is in my signature. You can look at the page source to see what display code WordPRess is using.

God bless you