Stream Youtube live video on SL

Carlos Kamachi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I am trying several tutorials to show an youtube livestream as web content on a prime, but i got the message " Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video". I could noy find any help on google. Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-25 at 21.03.24.jpeg

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

Probably not...

The Lindens have been working on removing the need for QuickTime and improving CEF rendering in the viewer. The original work for MOAP was a 2011 thing with changes in 2014, 2015, and late 2017 and some more just recently. So, older tutorials are likely wrong... anything pre-2017 is suspect.

Most of the SL Wiki stuff is 2011... :/

The original thread on CEF-MOAP is here. (2015) I think I last wrote about in June 2015. Second Life: Chrome Embedded Framework Update

So, you may have to figure it out. I couldn't find any current videos or other tutorials on getting YouTube on a prim. I know it works because I have my blog site on a prim in front of my SL home. I just tried playing a YouTube video I have on my site from in-world using MOAP and it works.

IM me in-world and I'll send you a LM. The site link is in my signature. You can look at the page source to see what display code WordPRess is using.

• Like 1

Hello,  

2 year gap in the topic thread here

I'm also trying to get my live stream on youtube (using OBS) to show up on a Prim, Screen, anything that works.

I got this off the shelf "Cinema screen" thing to work on youtube URLs 

(GCD Media Store )

but so far not work on live stream

I dont mind using a product, any body recommend anything

Thx

2 hours ago, Polystar Park said:

Hello,  

2 year gap in the topic thread here

I'm also trying to get my live stream on youtube (using OBS) to show up on a Prim, Screen, anything that works.

I got this off the shelf "Cinema screen" thing to work on youtube URLs 

(GCD Media Store )

but so far not work on live stream

I dont mind using a product, any body recommend anything

Thx

See if it works when logged in using this viewer: https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/viewer/6.4.1.541204.html

If it does, then you are in luck because you can use that now and once it goes to general release, active third party viewers will start picking it up, if not sooner.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.