Egonya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Egonya said:

How can I fix this?

Odds are your avatar is NOT wearing one of more of the 4 mandatory components, OR the viewer cannot itentify the components you are wearing.

The 4 parts are:

Shape

System skin

System eyes

System hairbase/eyebrow shaper

If you are NOT wearing all 4 of these, wear all 4 of there.

If you ARE wearing all 4 of these, then you probably have "client side inventory list" damage, clear your inventory cache via the button on appropriate tab of the Firestorm preferences panel, relog at a QUIET low lag empty sim (standing on the bottom of the sea is ideal) and WAIT while your client reloads your inventory list from the asset servers.

To see if it's loading, open your inventiry window, and switch to the 'recent' tab, where you should see something at the top that says "Fetching xxxx items" or something of that sort, with the number ticking upwards as the viewer recovers details of your inventory.

• Like 1

Check that you're wearing the four basic system items without which your avatar won't rez: shape, skin, eyes, and hairbase. Usually it's the hairbase that's at fault. Either it's somehow come off, or become corrupt, or something else has gone screwy with it.

In the main SL viewer the four icons look like this:

basics_ll.jpg

In the Firestorm viewer they look like this:

basics_fs.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, y'all. That worked.

But while I went through and made sure I was wearing these four basic items, i managed to change my body shape. My boobs got very large. Sigh.

So, does that mean I somehow picked the wrong shape? Or skin?

And, assuming that's what I did, what's the simplest way for me to figure out the four system items that I have been wearing with the body shape I like? (I do have quite a few saved outfits that had been working just fine until I messed things up this morning).

2 hours ago, Egonya said:

So, does that mean I somehow picked the wrong shape?

I have no idea why but the shape is always the problem.  They just get corrupted somehow.   You did nothing wrong.  You will need to edit your shape and adjust the boobs back down to where you want them.  The old shape is no longer any good and may as well be deleted. :(

If you have a mesh body and head, the skin does not matter.  Just pick any one you have in inventory.  Eyes are the same way.  If you use mesh or prim eyes then wear any eye you find in inventory. 

If you have any saved outfits that had the old parts, you can right-click the part in outfit view and pick "show original."  That will open your inventory to the part you picked.

• Like 1

When you say "shape" may as well be deleted you mean the system shape, correct? Not, for instance, the five standard shapes that come with my Maitreya Lara body.

And as I'm playing with wearing different system shapes, I'm noticing that my face has also changed. So I can change basic system shapes, and I think I've found the right one. But my face still looks different and the system shapes aren't affecting it. (FYI, I have a Lelutka Cate head.)

EDIT: I figured it out. My Lelutka Cate head has a default basic systems shape, and that's the one I've been using. Thanks for your help everyone.

Edited by Egonya

6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I have no idea why but the shape is always the problem.  They just get corrupted somehow.   You did nothing wrong.  You will need to edit your shape and adjust the boobs back down to where you want them.  The old shape is no longer any good and may as well be deleted. :(

If you have a mesh body and head, the skin does not matter.  Just pick any one you have in inventory.  Eyes are the same way.  If you use mesh or prim eyes then wear any eye you find in inventory. 

If you have any saved outfits that had the old parts, you can right-click the part in outfit view and pick "show original."  That will open your inventory to the part you picked.

Everyone should save multiple copies of their shape. if one copy gets corrupted just wear a good copy.

6 hours ago, Egonya said:

When you say "shape" may as well be deleted you mean the system shape, correct? Not, for instance, the five standard shapes that come with my Maitreya Lara body

Right.  Try to wear the shape you had before.  Hopefully it will still work and you won't have anything to worry about.  If the shape cannot be worn you will get an error message.  In that case, just delete it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.