SmokeyLiz

Commissioning an Avatar

I am looking to have an atavar made for me. I was wondering if there was anywhere, or anyway to find someone who takes avatar commissions?

There are many people who offer "make-over" services, I've helped others do make-overs also (though I don't charge for that). The way a make-over works is that you basically have a "shopping advisor" who will take you around to buy the things you need to create your new look - you do the buying and wearing.

The only other way (which is the WRONG WAY AND AGAINST TOS, SO DON'T DO IT) is for them to have you pay them, a very risky proposition, then they make themselves up, then they give you control of that account (or vice-versa: they ask for control of your account even worse than the opposite).

If you're just looking for someone to create a shape for you that's easy enough to do. Though if you are wearing a mesh head or body, they really need to have the same so the shape will work for what you have.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

If you're wanting a human avatar, you've got enough options that I'd just tell you to go buy a "high-end" body mesh and browse the huge catalogue that is the marketplace for customisation options. 

There's plenty of blogs and people who will help you out with wise spending when it comes to buying a body with longevity in regards to support, though.

On the flipside, if you're looking for something you can't find (such as specific furry avatars, various accessories etc), you'd be better suited to posting in the wanted section under commerce so creators like myself can give you a hand.

• Like 2