Sign in to follow this  
iamanatta

Did not receive lindens

Question

While in the process of buying lindens from the marketplace, my laptop battery died. I got the laptop back on and noticed that I didn't receive the lindens. So I went about my way. Then the next day I noticed the charge in my RL bank account. Who, what, how can I fix this please? Thank you.

3 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You should probably contact support

ór....didn't buy L$ but ordered it as limit buy..

in that case check your orderhistory before you contact support

accountpage/(buyL$) manage/order history

if your order is waiting there, check your "offer" and compare it to the buy/sell orders that are currently open. If your limit isn't very, very close to the current market you better cancel the order and do a market buy. The reserved money from your cancelled order will be used first for that new order before it hits your payment method again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, iamanatta said:

While in the process of buying lindens from the marketplace, my laptop battery died. I got the laptop back on and noticed that I didn't receive the lindens. So I went about my way. Then the next day I noticed the charge in my RL bank account. Who, what, how can I fix this please? Thank you.

You should probably contact support https://support.secondlife.com/

You might have to ring billing but try submitting a ticket first

Iamanatta, HOW you bought the $L has a lot to do with what you should do now.

If you used the "Best Rate" (Limit) Buy, then go to the LindEx section of your Dashboard page and click Manage.  Follow the links to see any open orders.  If you see one, the order went through, and your money is being held in escrow until the exchange rate rises to whatever figure you offered.  If the exchange rate you offered is not within a few $L of the current market price, you could be waiting a very long time for that order to be filled.  If you wish, you can cancel your open order.  The money will not be sent back to your bank, but will go into your Second Life $USD Balance.  You can then use that to make another $L purchase, either a "Market Rate" (Instant) Buy, or another Limit Buy at a more reasonable figure.

If, instead, you used the Market Rate buy, but did not receive the money, you need to either submit a support case or call Billing at 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277