cindy20au Harvy

firestorm viewer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi I'm trying to download new update from firestorm I keep getting this this program is  not commonly download and could harm my computer. I try to skip this but it won't let me

what am I doing wrong

6 answers to this question

8 hours ago, cindy20au Harvy said:

hi I'm trying to download new update from firestorm I keep getting this this program is  not commonly download and could harm my computer. I try to skip this but it won't let me

what am I doing wrong

in the window that pops up you have the choice to quit, but also a link for more info. Click that one and allow it to execute, it's a normal windows protection

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cindy20au Harvy said:

what am I doing wrong

Fastest way to get Firestorm help is to ask in the inworld group. http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/firestorm_support_groups_join

My only thought was did you follow all the steps on the FS webpage about backing up your settings and installation steps. Haven't seen anyone with this issue before.  It could be your virus protection I guess. Someone official will likely have an answer. 

This may or may not be the issue, but here's a bit of information from Firestorm's own wiki:

If Firestorm crashes when clicking SLURLs, or you get a message that the viewer has stopped working … are you using AVG 2011? If so, then read on.

AVG 2011 incorrectly flags the viewer as malware, and “disables” a required component, SLPlugin. To fix this:

Reinstall the viewer (there is no need to uninstall first; you can install on top);

If AVG reports a problem with SLPlugin.exe, ignore the warning, as it is a false positive.

Should that not work, then you need to add an AVG exception:

Open the AVG user interface

Click Tools → Advanced Settings → Resident Shield → Exceptions

Add the Firestorm install folder to be excluded from scans

You may need to reinstall the viewer at this point, if SLPlugin or other program components have already been altered.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

in the window that pops up you have the choice to quit, but also a link for more info. Click that one and allow it to execute, it's a normal windows protection

I’ve seen this happen after SL releases a new viewer version before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ve seen this happen after SL releases a new viewer version before.

Yeah I got it too when I installed the new version of FS. I just did what Alwin suggested and it works fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, cindy20au Harvy said:

what am I doing wrong

Any program you try to install that is not Microsoft Certified will bring up this set of warnings. It is a recent change in Windows.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.