chantal89 Runo

Crossing Regions Nearly Impossible

hello there
there are so many issue on open water in sl
i am a sailer for many many years but i never ever have seen this before
since two weeks we are having a lot of issues sailing around in sl
no matter what we do we lose our boats over and over again with each sim cross
we get kicked of our boats.. we tried everything   from small boats to big ones
with even a standard  old school avatar.. just skin with nothing else attached or worn
i am not sure what lindenlab is doing but this is getting very annoying
whats going on ? and when is this going to fixed ?

thanks for the reply fionalein -)

would be great because its really bad again..

last week same thing for two days.. i lost 9 boats over 15 sims.. my partner tried it and she also lost 5 boats.

i know its always possible that this can happen once in a while but this is really extreme.. we even

get kicked 2 sims ahead of the one we just crossed.. so the boat crosses sim B and we are flying all across sim B on to sim C..

to cross a sim it usual takes 2 to 4  seconds for us..depends on how many prims the boat is..but even with a low primmed boat

it can take up to 8/10 seconds

Chantal - can you please send me a direct IM and let me know what sort of network ping times (it's in the ctrl-shift-1 stats window) you are seeing?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, for some reason, Sundays seem the be the worst days for Blake Sea sims (randomly and also a couple specific sims). Generally, I do believe, most regulars of Blake Sea (Boaters and Air Pilots) don't have any major issues and if a bad or rogue sim (crasher sim: you virtually crash as OP describes or literally to crash to desktop) is found it is avoided (you go around via the other sims with your newly-rezzed replacement vehicle).

One thing I have learned is that you can also report bad sims to the SLCG (SL Coast Guard)  as they have some avenues of communication with Lindens and at least make them aware of it. You can look into their group to see if any are online and then IM them.

Edited by Alyona Su