Meet up and dance at the Forum Hangout to make new friends........

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:32 AM, Gadget Portal said:

Thanks! 

Sorry, @Skell Dagger and @LittleMe Jewell; I've been AWOL for a bit! :$

On 7/24/2018 at 4:53 PM, Fionalein said:

Off topic - but what are the best times to actually run into folks at that place?

As Lil mentioned, you could generally find someone there most hours of the day/night; I found the Hangout HUD to be VERY useful.  Friday evenings, the place was hopping; for a few years, it was Friday Night Formal, which gave everyone an excuse to dress up - but it wasn't an issue if you were informally dressed.  We were just glad people were hanging out!

If you wore the Forum Cartel group tag, you had (and still do) the ability to open boxes, so it was/is a great place to sort inventory, especially after one of the big region-wide, or grid-wide hunts.  You never knew what would get rezzed!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

Members of the inworld group can set their home point to the Hangout.

Mine has been set to the hangout for years.  I use the favorites bar for m house's LM.  I could say I keep it for sentimental reasons but originally it made it easy for me to log in to an unstable grid if home and last logout were not the same place.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Anyone remember Trouts funeral? /dead (literally)

I still have his rating in inventory.

Helllllloooooooooo Rhonda!  What a great set of pictures!  You have a fantastic shape and a wonderful skin - all woman, and proud of it.  You are the kind of woman we love to be around - strong, opinionated, a little intimidating, but not so aggressively so that you scare people off.  You are in control of your world and not afraid of adventure, but under the right conditions, you can release a bit of that control to the right person and when you do, I suspect you set their world on fire.  You have a taste for the exotic, but you retain the perfect blend of feminine charm and sharp wit that make you a joy to be around.  Based on these photos, I am giving you an 8.9 on the International Trout Scale of *****tiness (now available in metric!).  You are a *****, but only in the very best definition of the word.  Sensual, charming, and undeniably sexy.  Congratulations and shame on you!

I am pretty sure it was originally a joke to get girls to send him nude photos. 
However he was wizard with words and we called his bluff to stroke our own egos. :)

This was all back before Tulsa (hold that word to a mirror) was a bad word.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I still have his rating in inventory.

I am pretty sure it was originally a joke to get girls to send him nude photos. 
However he was wizard with words and we called his bluff to stroke our own egos. :)

This was all back before Tulsa (hold that word to a mirror) was a bad word.

Well, I was Trout Certified too LOL

• Like 1

Gosh, I miss Trout.  His "Letters from the Lindens" and his "Sl*t Ratings"  and his other memorable Forum posts pulled me into the whole SL experience, laughing all the way.  I definitely remember his funeral at the Hangout, it was a high point.  Didn't he also organize a "capture roleplay" event, too?

And that time he handed out tiny cars that full-size avatars could magically squeeze into, and we drove wildly around the Hangout, dodging furniture and each other (or not!)

And the time he rode the wheelchair down the mountainside.  And the time he talked me into riding on the wing of his airplane, that he couldn't fly without crashing...

Trout wasn't the only mover and shaker in the original Forum Cartel group.  There was Chris, and Brenda, and Oryx.  Always Maureen, of course, and CX and Rio and Gabby and Sarah/Jack and Qie and Marianne and so many others.  Many of the original gang are gone, or have moved on to other pursuits in SL.  The Hangout is often empty...but at least it is still THERE.  Just waiting for someone with that spark of fun and energy to revitalize the in-world shenanigans.

• Like 3

So, Ghosty wasn't able to spin this week. Mostly because apparently I fractured my fifth metatarsal (an "avulsion" type, small piece of bone got pulled off by the ligament) - the "best" kind of fracture according to my doctor because it should heal within a month or so but well, we've both been otherwise occupied because of this.

So, probably will be a few more weeks as the next two find us busy. Will let everyone know once he figures it out!

• Sad 5

16 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

So, Ghosty wasn't able to spin this week. Mostly because apparently I fractured my fifth metatarsal (an "avulsion" type, small piece of bone got pulled off by the ligament) - the "best" kind of fracture according to my doctor because it should heal within a month or so but well, we've both been otherwise occupied because of this.

So, probably will be a few more weeks as the next two find us busy. Will let everyone know once he figures it out!

Okay, but Labor Day weekend is a no-go.  Hubby and I will be in New York see Pretty Woman on Broadway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Okay, but Labor Day weekend is a no-go.  Hubby and I will be in New York see Pretty Woman on Broadway.

Ghosty and I will be there also that weekend! 

We're seeing Harry Potter on Broadway - it's done in 2 parts in one day so we're making a weekend out of it. Let me know if you need any NYC tips! I'm a native :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Ghosty and I will be there also that weekend! 

We're seeing Harry Potter on Broadway - it's done in 2 parts in one day so we're making a weekend out of it. Let me know if you need any NYC tips! I'm a native :D

In unrelated news, you're achieved the 35,000th post on this forum.

Your prize is bragging rights, I guess.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.