Meet up and dance at the Forum Hangout to make new friends........

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

37 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

There used to be a HUD that told you who was at the Hangout. Is that still available (or even working), Maureen?

I did send out a message to the Forum Cartel  group that we were there. That sometimes gets people there, but its always been deserted when I've dropped by.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

There used to be a HUD that told you who was at the Hangout. Is that still available (or even working), Maureen?

No, the HUD doesn't work anymore.  Not sure if the server it used was taken down or what, but it hasn't worked for a long time now.

23 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Off topic - but what are the best times to actually run into folks at that place?

Back a decade ago, the place was hopping all the time, but it's pretty random these days unless a party / gathering is actually planned.  Given that, I think that **sometimes** a few of the US folks will still pop over on Friday evenings.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
typo
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 9:08 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

No, the HUD doesn't work anymore.  Not sure if the server it used was taken down or what, but it hasn't worked for a long time 

I'll volunteer my server if there's actually interest in something like that again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SpinLightDash said:

There is an in world hangout related to the community forum ? o:

Not LL sponsored, but yes.  There is an inworld group called The Forum Cartel and the group has a hangout sim w/ a bar, beach, fire pit, other stuff.  The group was started in early 2017 by a bunch of Forum regulars, mostly as a place to meet up inworld.

Hangout SLURL:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Allana/217/36/27

Group info: secondlife:///app/group/d0f1fa9f-1a8b-8074-b111-a3fac92fea07/about

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Gadget Portal said:

I'll volunteer my server if there's actually interest in something like that again.

I know that some felt it was creepy for people to know when they were at the hangout, but I always thought it was very helpful.  There were many times when I was inventory sorting and would see names pop up on the HUD and decide to hop over to chat with folks.  It was also good for the periodic newbies that landed there as one of the regulars would usually pop on over to greet them.  I've no doubt that the HUD was responsible for many of our spontaneous gatherings back then.

I, for one, would love to see a HUD resurrection.  I'm not sure if anyone still has a copy of the HUD or if it was 'modify'.  I'm drawing a blank on the avatar that created it for us.  Maybe @Maureen Boccaccio remembers who created it and/or has a copy of it still.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not LL sponsored, but yes.  There is an inworld group called The Forum Cartel and the group has a hangout sim w/ a bar, beach, fire pit, other stuff.  The group was started in early 2017 by a bunch of Forum regulars, mostly as a place to meet up inworld.

Hangout SLURL:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Allana/217/36/27

Group info: secondlife:///app/group/d0f1fa9f-1a8b-8074-b111-a3fac92fea07/about

Think you mean 2007. :P Unless it really has only been a year and I am losing my mind...again. And hello Lil!

Edited by Rioko Bamaisin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm not sure if anyone still has a copy of the HUD or if it was 'modify'.  I'm drawing a blank on the avatar that created it for us.  Maybe @Maureen Boccaccio remembers who created it and/or has a copy of it still.

Packrat that I am, I still have mine*. It was created by Slack Zapedzki. Unfortunately, it's no copy and no mod. I also have a plugin script created by Rika Watanabe for the paid version of Mystitool that recreated the Hangout HUD's behaviour after the original HUD's server shut down, but that - again - is no-mod :(

*The HUD is in a 'Skell's SL Museum' folder in my inventory, where I've saved interesting things from his history inworld. It keeps my very first freenis company, among other things xD

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2018 at 11:00 PM, Rioko Bamaisin said:

Think you mean 2007. :P Unless it really has only been a year and I am losing my mind...again. And hello Lil!

LOL - I has been a rough week - and by the time I got back here and saw this, I'm past the 24 hours for allowed editing.  *sigh*

Anyway... Hi Rio.  Nice to see you pop in.

All, heads up!

Ghosty will be spinning at The Hangout upcoming in about a week or so. He's trying to find the time to put a set together but just wanted to let you all know since so many are wondering when people tend to show up there.

He'll send a notice through the group when he's ready. He is aiming for Friday, 8/3 (although that is looking doubtful) or Friday 8/10.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

All, heads up!

Ghosty will be spinning at The Hangout upcoming in about a week or so. He's trying to find the time to put a set together but just wanted to let you all know since so many are wondering when people tend to show up there.

He'll send a notice through the group when he's ready. He is aiming for Friday, 8/3 (although that is looking doubtful) or Friday 8/10.

/me votes for 8/10 - I'll be out of town on 8/3 with a laptop that can only barely log in to SL

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.