No Rolls this week?

Ayesha Askham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see...

So the Lindens are all off on a jolly?  ALL OF THEM???  Bite me if I am mistaken but if there is to be no new code deployed and just restarts as they see fit, don't they at least tell us?

I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't HAVE jollies, but at least they could let us know that there was no one at home.O.o

PS

Oh and my Homestead also got a restart so that was OK.  I do know of a few adult Mainland sims that really need weekly restarts.

Edited by Ayesha Askham

17 minutes ago, Ayesha Askham said:

So the Lindens are all off on a jolly?  ALL OF THEM???

Of course not all of them. And why begrudge anyone fun while they're also working? 

20 minutes ago, Ayesha Askham said:

I'm not suggesting that they shouldn't HAVE jollies, but at least they could let us know that there was no one at home.

Again, just silly to suggest no one at home. 

21 minutes ago, Ayesha Askham said:

PS

Oh and my Homestead also got a restart so that was OK. 

Ahhh the postscript. An aside to the real issue. No one told you. Even when you do get info, it isn't good enough. I agree communication with residents isn't always the best and there is room for improvement, but I don't believe it's done to ruin your day or week. As for weekly rolls, you can deduce a fair amount yourself based on what happened the previous week from the relevant thread. 

26 minutes ago, Ayesha Askham said:

I do know of a few adult Mainland sims that really need weekly restarts.

They can contact Support. 

Oh Willow

Why DO folk misunderstand my posts so much?  I am not a spoilsport, of course Linden staff deserve a bit of fun!  However since they undertook to communicate more effectively with their user-base I have seen no significant change to the accuracy and frequency of their posts in this thread.

I do not think that it is done to "spoil my day", I am not that self-centred and indeed it doesn't, but I DO think that a post saying that there is no new code to roll but there WILL be restarts where they have deemed it necessary would be reassuring.  My PS was not intended as a cynical coda to the post, and as regards the Mainland regions, restarts do get made but there are squabbles between parcel owners on the region as to when and how these are done, with the inevitable result that little, if anything, ever gets done.

2 hours ago, Ayesha Askham said:

Oh Willow

Why DO folk misunderstand my posts so much?

I can't speak for others of course, but it does seem to be a regular theme. I do apologize though for misunderstanding. I may be a little tired and in need of some downtime. I did, however, amuse myself responding to your post as having or getting "your jollies" has a whole nother meaning on this side of the pond it seems, and I had to keep pushing images away in order to reply with a somewhat straight face. xD

O.o

Yes well, you see I speak the Queen's English and you speak the King's English (George 3) so we are two nations divided by a common language (someone once said).  (Do you think they need pose-balls?)

Yes, I do bang on about the Lindens' lack of predictable communication. 'tis my cross to bear.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ayesha Askham said:

anyway(s) the two big bits North of Mexico both speak the King's English

Surely the biggest bit north of Mexico speaks the Queen's english, as she is still its Queen, isn't she?

Note: In the Queen's english, the word 'jollies' is understood in the way that Willow understands it ;)

Edited by Phil Deakins

On 7/26/2018 at 3:20 PM, Willow Wilder said:

I know this will come as a surprise to some, but there really truly is more than one "nation" on the other side of the pond. Please don't make me count them. :P 

Psh, to us Muricans, it's all just a bunch of Euro Peons.

On 26/07/2018 at 2:26 AM, Ayesha Askham said:

If there is to be no new code deployed and just restarts as they see fit, don't they at least tell us

I am not sure if you have taken the time out to have a look at the rest of the threads within this particular board, but Caleb Linden posts the Deploys for the said week every Monday - if they have server rolls. Even if they don't, they'll still post something to let everyone know. 

Edited by ScottXRoxxs

50 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No rolls is good, it means LL spared us from a round of new bugs!

That's not always the case - if regions on the main server haven't been reset within a 2 week timeframe, they will still be restarted regardless if there is a roll or not. :)

Edited by ScottXRoxxs
Sentence structure.

1 minute ago, ScottXRoxxs said:

That's not always the case - as I've said above, if regions on the main server haven't been reset within a 2 week timeframe, they will still be restarted regardless if there is a roll or not. :)

I mis-spoke, meant no code updates could be good. Rolling restarts = good!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ScottXRoxxs said:

I am not sure if you have taken the time out to have a look at the rest of the threads within this particular board, but Caleb Linden posts the Deploys for the said week every Monday - if they have server rolls. Even if they don't, they'll still post something to let everyone know. 

erm...that was my point Scott, that week Caleb DIDN'T.  This week he has.  I do know my way round this community by now, I should after nigh on ten years...and yet and yet... my region was restarted despite only having been rolled the previous week!  Not complaining just mildly surprised.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 8:08 AM, Phil Deakins said:

Surely the biggest bit north of Mexico speaks the Queen's english, as she is still its Queen, isn't she?

Note: In the Queen's english, the word 'jollies' is understood in the way that Willow understands it ;)

You have the advantage of me there Phil.  I have NO idea what your point was.

Edited by Ayesha Askham
clarification

1 hour ago, Ayesha Askham said:

You have the advantage of me there Phil.  I have NO idea what your point was.

You wrote that the 2 big bits north of Mexico both speak the King's english. The only two big bits I know are the U.S. and Canada, Canada being by far the biggest of the two. So I pointed to the fact that Canada (the biggest bit) still has Queen Elizabeth II as their queen, and therefore speaks the Queen's english..

On 7/24/2018 at 12:14 PM, Willow Wilder said:

If it's of any help, it was mentioned at last week's SBUG there would be no updates this week. As far as I know all UGs are cancelled as well due to the Linden Summer of Love Palooza Extravaganza Fête Conference thingy being held this week.

Oh, so that's why 15 people showed up for the Server User Group meeting today, but no Lindens showed. Last week was canceled, too, and no one was sure whether the "No meeting this week" sign was left over from last week.

Any word on new directions from the Linden conference?

On 31/07/2018 at 4:52 PM, animats said:

Oh, so that's why 15 people showed up for the Server User Group meeting today, but no Lindens showed. Last week was canceled, too, and no one was sure whether the "No meeting this week" sign was left over from last week.

Any word on new directions from the Linden conference?

The LSLPEFC was last week. I'm not in a position to comment other than to pass along one attendee reported the "fireworks show was once again spectacular". 

Yesterday, I was told that Simon is on vacation. Hence why he wasn't available for this week's UG. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.