Wouldn't it be great if....

Chelsea Malibu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

...we could rate our customers? Remember when we could rate other residents?

LOL.  With all the errors in marketplace and while most of us are bending over backwards for our customers to rectify these issues, we will no doubt get blasted by idiots regardless of how hard we try to take care of them.  Yes, I know LL said they would fix these but they wouldn't have to if some people just paid attention or show some consideration. In real life, most would never act like this to your face.

I had one who bought one of my sale products that I had miss-marked the permissions on when I set up the ad. I immediately honored that and sent him one in a full copy version for $L 99 (normal $L 350 for a non copy version, I sell fully copy versions for nearly times that)  then went back and corrected my marketplace listing.  He blasted me in the reviews and gave me a 1 star rating basically telling others not to trust me.

It amazes me how rude and inconsiderate people are when they can hide behind an anonymous avatar.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could do like they do on eBay and rate the buyer? :smileyvery-happy:  Oh, I'd have a few things to say.

Thanks for letting me vent!  :P

Considering how few people actually bother to rate items even when everything is perfect, one unfair review would do untold damage. I always check reviews, and will ignore a single lambasting if there are enough positive ones to balance it out.

As someone who drops thousands and makes thousands in this game, I think customers are always #1, but  in SL, you have the opportunity and curse of working with a lot of different and unique people, and that's not always a good thing. I have had my run ins with some pretty special customers, and the bad ones are a very, very, barely noticeable percent for me. However, the bad ones are always, always the most characteristic because I think when I do get an odd customer, they are very extreme. Like, wow.

My mother ran an eBay business on the side of her main job and the horror stories with customers she has are only funny in hindsight. She accidentally sent the wrong fragrance of product once and the lady that made the purchase went even so far as to stalk her personal information online and call her main job BOSS to call my mother a liar and this this and that. Stalked our family for FOUR MONTHS over this.

Customers can be craaaaaaazy when it comes to online dealings, man. And I think it would be incredible if the Marketplace dev team considered allowing merchants to leave buyer reviews, but I doubt it. I think it'd be written off as "unneccessary" work, but I do think merchants DO need more influence with customers. Customers do have a LOT of power with our businesses and products with the rating system, and we're screwed over with the TOS whenever we get unjust reviews or malicious flagging or malicious reviews, or deal with malicious people with weird personal vendettas that come out of nowhere.

I really think we need better merchant protection, like the ability to flag reviews on our products, such as in the case of 1 star no delivery reviews. There can be crappy merchants but there can be crappy customers too. There's never a group of any kind without a village idiot with their underwear on their head.

I think I'm very blessed with my own customers, and have made lots of friends and I really love providing customer service, but every now and then, someone will come by that is from another effing solar system or something...

Wow, great story and scary. :/  I do agree that most are great and I truly love my customers, which is why I work so hard to accommodate them. I have many fantastic and loyal fans of my creations who are so supportive, give me great feedback  and many times, a little appreciation goes a long way since the only reason I do this in the first place is to share my creations with others.  I'd give it all away if I didn't need to lindens to pay for my store and the shop I create in.

After reading your reply, I had a thought hit me. What if they linked buyer's comments and ratings that showed how that person rated everyone else? Or if they had an average on that person of how they rated. If you rate everyone a 1 star, then you get a 1 star reviewers rating. lol, now that would be interesting. :)

I like the idea of rating customers who at least did write a comment. Some of the customers write nice negative or positive critism which helps me to improve my objects. Others are just silly.. you could say some of them are trolls and flamers and dont know much about object or land settings in SL and so on. But they find the problem on your products but not on the own knowhow about sl. I did have some one who didnt know how to rezz an object..but he was expecting the error on my product lol. So it would be great to rate peoples who wrote a comment. Thats the way how LL could reward customers with some little L$ presents.. I mean those who write positive or negative but fair critism. And LL could punish those who trolland flame around on every FREE product they found lol. Let me say you could disable the function to write a comment on a product for this person, after he/she 20 bad stars from differend merchants.

• 2 months later...

The thing is that we're powerless, flagging the comments is about as usefull as selling AC units on the south pole and the person with the flaming comment is still the proverbial drop of urine in the glass of champagne. As my mother taught me to 'not attribute to malice which can be explained by ignorance' I must say that many 'customers' are particularly badly informed when it comes to failed deliveries and other marketplace mishaps. I have had quite a few of them stalking me for days over money they never even paid or items they 'lost',..

Therefore, in my wildest, most passionate and equally delusional dreams, I have this image of a button. A red button. One that will flag a person  and have a Linden co-worker contact them, explaining to them how the real world - and the virtual one - work.

It's not that I'm unwilling to cooperate, but I will not be scammed or bullied. And not that I'm unwilling to explain, but some people are unwilling to understand.

</vent>

Update; The flagging actually did yield results, the flaming comments were removed. I hereby retract my earlier statement about the AC units.:matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Still, I hope some people would gather their senses before engaging in this sort of tactic. We are vulnerable as content creators in SL, as merchants even more so. Thankfully, Linden Labs realises that content is the life of SL.

I agree.

I had someone blast me once about how bad my customer service was. She had never even contacted me about a problem!!! :o

When I confronted her about it, it turned out the problem was one of alpha clipping when she put her alpha plant in front of the window in the building.  She hadn`t said anything like that in the review,  just a load of stuff about broken windows and how I wouldn`t fix them for her.

Fortunately LL removed her stoopid review. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.