Well It's your opinion. I do not hate them.  By the way this video is for educational purposes. 

Edited by kilder2000

1 minute ago, kilder2000 said:

By the way this video is for educational purposes. 

Fascinating. I already knew what a Plimsoll line is, but what I'm wondering is this:

What does an educational video teaching people about the maximum legal cargo load waterline on a ship have to do with customising your Second Life avatar? Since that's the forum you've posted it in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Fascinating. I already knew what a Plimsoll line is, but what I'm wondering is this:

What does an educational video teaching people about the maximum legal cargo load waterline on a ship have to do with customising your Second Life avatar? Since that's the forum you've posted it in.

You right. Do not Worry I will get ou of here. Sorry

17 hours ago, kilder2000 said:

On the topic of Maritime English, we were made to memorize this in school as an example of what Navy plebes had to memorize and repeat on command. In response to “How long have you been in the Navy?”, the answer was:

“All me bloomin’ life, Sir!

Me Mother was a mermaid, and me Father was King Neptune.

I was born in the crest of a wave, and rocked in the cradle of the deep.

Seaweed and barnacles are me clothes, and when I spits, I spits tar.

I’se hard, I is, I am, I are, Sir!”

• Like 1

Dad was in the Navy during WWII. One of the things he learned:

If it moves, salute it.
If it doesn't, paint it.

I learned to sail in the college sailing club. The skipper of my boat was a maritime English fanatic, insisting that everyone on the boat (three of us) use the proper terminology. Being pathologically oppositional, I had no choice but to refuse. He called it a "line", I called it a "string". He called it "port", I called it "left" or, if I was feeling cardinal, "south" or so. This peeved him greatly and he'd routinely bring the boat about while I was leaning way out on the edge (he called it a gunwale, even though it looked like neither a gun nor a whale, and couldn't even pronounce it correctly), holding on to a string. I spent more time in the water than on it.

I don't think I'm a candidate for the OP's endeavor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Maybe it's for the GTFOsters...

Edited by Fionalein

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

If it moves, salute it.
If it doesn't, paint it.

Any conversation with any WW2 veteran is always chock full of important life lessons.

4 minutes ago, Gadget Portal said:

Any conversation with any WW2 veteran is always chock full of important life lessons.

You can extend that to anyone who once was in an army and talking about it ... I am however content that whoever they are defending us from got most likely brainwashed into switching of their brains as well so we have nothing to fear.

Edited by Fionalein

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

If it moves, salute it.
If it doesn't, paint it.

It's a standard forces expression - not just the navy and not just during WWII.