cadre2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to delete my avatar and choose a new one.  But, when the "Choose an Avatar" window opens, it shows NO avatars.  I have clicked on all four buttons (New, Fantasy, Vampires, and classic), but nothing comes up.

4 answers to this question

The avatars we WEAR are outfits we put on our account's avatar. My avatar is Nal in-world. I can put on a vampire or werewolf. She is still Nal. If I delete Nal I've deleted my account. There is nothing to put anything on...

So... What do you mean you "deleted your avatar"? How did you delete it?

Edited by Nalates Urriah

Hi Cadre...I think you are looking at the "choose an avatar" page that is a part of the Second Life signup process.

You can do that...but you have to start from scratch.  Don't log in to your account, just go to secondlife.com and press the "Get Started" button.  Create a new user name and password, just like you did the first time.  We call this "creating an alt"...a complete alternate Second Life account.

But I think what you REALLY want to do is to simply change your appearance.  To do that, you need to actually log into the Second Life world for the first time.  In order to do THAT, you first need to download the viewer.  Look at the very very bottom of this page.  See the little link that says "Download"?  Click that, and follow the prompts to install the viewer.  Then run the viewer, scroll through the Terms of Service and accept them, then enter your username and password and hit Log In. 

After a few moments, you will see the back of the avatar you selected.  Congratulations, you are in Second Life!

Now that you are there, there are a couple of ways you can change avatars.

1.  Click the Avatars button.  It is on the left side of your screen, and has a symbol of a couple of people on it.  A window will open up showing you a catalog of avatars.  Click any of them to change into that avatar.

2.  Or, open your Inventory window.  The button for that has the symbol of a suitcase, or use the shortcut CTRL+I.  Look for the folder Library/Clothing/Initial Outfits.  Inside that folder are a whole bunch of sub-folders, each with the name of an avatar look.  Either drag one of the folders from there and drop it on your avatar in world, or right click a folder and choose "Replace Current Outfit."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.