how to login via SL viewer when login fails ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi experienced sl fans

i have seen below error several times but this time it seems permanent while i can log in my dashboard in sl website.

ERROR :   LOGIN FAILED    Despite our best effort sth unexpectedly has gone wrong ...

please tell me it's resoen(s) and maybe help me how to fix it.

:)

ENEMIES ! do NOT reply me please ( Cindy Evanier , Alwin ...., Little Emmy....)

Untitled.png

3 minutes ago, masterinsoftware said:

no it is still a live but previous is on hold

and is it possible to try different region when U reinstall Viewer & all caches were deleted ?

13 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

@Alwin Alcott  Just warning you not to reply here.  Come to the enemy bunker with me and we can pair socks 

U shu...   do... ANNOYING DUDE

1 hour ago, masterinsoftware said:

hi experienced sl fans

i have seen below error several times but this time it seems permanent while i can log in my dashboard in sl website.

ERROR :   LOGIN FAILED    Despite our best effort sth unexpectedly has gone wrong ...

please tell me it's resoen(s) and maybe help me how to fix it.

:)

Untitled.png

Could be network? I bet there’s a log somewhere that says why it errored. But, trying to log directly into another known region does sound like a good idea.

Have you done a complete clean re-install of the viewer?  Have you reset your router?  If you are on a wireless connection, you might want to try connecting via ethernet cable. 

If this problem exists across your accounts, then it does sound like it probably is a network issue (or an issue with the installation of the viewer on your PC, hence the question about whether you have done a clean re-install of the viewer).  You might want to try running a tracert (you should be able to google how to do that and how to interpret the results) to see if that shows any problem nodes on the attempted connection between your PC and Linden Lab servers.  Even if you have previously had a good network connection, things may have changed somewhere along the path your connection is taking.   If you look at http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/  part way done under the "On Your End" heading, Nalates discusses using tracert to troubleshoot a connection issue.  (Yes, many parts of the blog assume you have made the initial connection, but other parts - such as the discussion about tracert - I think may still be applicable even when you can't complete the initial connection). 

You also might want to look at https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/login_fail.   Even though this is a Firestorm viewer help page, the majority of things it discusses are not viewer specific. 

You haven't mentioned in this thread what type of hardware you're running on, which may or may not be helpful for others to help with troubleshooting, but certainly wouldn't hurt.  The best way to do this is when you have the SL viewer login screen up, go to Help -> About SecondLIfe and then copy the contents of the popup window and then paste that into a post on this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

@Alwin Alcott  Just warning you not to reply here.  Come to the enemy bunker with me and we can pair socks

i don't reply :)

i don't say he got all the answers and hints in the world to solve the problem but doesn't listen

i don't say it's a waist of time to spend one more second on this subject

but i'm a good boy ... i don't reply... this is only a answer for Cindy.. ( totally flabbergasted why you'r being called a dude)

• Haha 2

On 7/23/2018 at 7:55 AM, masterinsoftware said:

Is he talking about me?  I don't know any "Little Emmy". 

All because I wasn't overly nice in one of his very first threads?  Sheesh, some people.  B|

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.