Even with a  moderate PC running at 3.80ghz and 32 gig of ram and a decent graphics card GTX750Ti, its now taking much longer for everything to render in sl, my graphics card is even set to low-mid and still, everything is damn slow, I checked my net speed that's fine.

I experience parts missing on me to others, some places one rezzing and see a club empty then 5min later people will renderer, other problems its just getting worse I spoken with others and they are experiencing the same thing,   it SL pumping up the specs each time a new viewer comes out or what, I know its not my PC or Net.

it s funny to see people in SL who says OMG SL DIIIES,but for some silly reason they still play)p.s had same thing,reinstalled windows ,everything sems ok 

GTX750 isn't modern. 

What kind of CPU? If it's an AMD 3.8, it's not very good, either. 

Minimize how much you're downloading all at once. Jellydoll and/or derender other avatars.

2 hours ago, SamMoon777 said:

it s It's funny to see people in SL who says "OMG SL DIIIES", but for some silly reason they still play.) p.s had same thing, reinstalled windows, everything seems ok 

2 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

Sam, can you re-type that in English? your You're not making any sense.

It makes as much sense as your original post. In fact, quantitatively speaking, it requires roughly the same number of editorial corrections as your OP does. ;)

5b55a48d7a2ae_dearpot-youreblacklovekettle.thumb.png.5f61c229e68ce3316cdca7e137cd6cc8.png

Dear Pot,

You're black!

Love, Kettle

:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

Sam can you re-type that in English your not making any sense

never read anything that disturbs you, thank you)))

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

It makes as much sense as your original post. In fact, quantitatively speaking, it requires roughly the same number of editorial corrections as your OP does. ;)

5b55a48d7a2ae_dearpot-youreblacklovekettle.thumb.png.5f61c229e68ce3316cdca7e137cd6cc8.png

Dear Pot,

You're black!

Love, Kettle

:P

please save your nerves for anything more important than others mistakes, thank you)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

... its just getting worse I spoken with others and they are experiencing the same thing,   it SL pumping up the specs each time a new viewer comes out or what, I know its not my PC or Net.

These "others" "experiencing the same thing" are awfully easy to find until they're asked to produce numbers to back up their superstitions claims.

That said, though, one thing that has decreased everybody's performance is the proliferation of mesh avatars, including mesh/Bento heads, and especially HUDs to control them. These add load to the wearers but also to everyone else in view, and even elsewhere in the region. As suggested, some of that can be mitigated by slashing the number of avatars you fully render in your viewer (and by removing your own HUDs as much as possible), but it's still going to be a problem

Also, if the whole problem is reduced viewer-side performance, it can help to dramatically cut draw distance and leave it there -- if performance is a problem do not allow a certain third-party viewer to gradually increase that distance.

• Like 2

What I have noticed when going to busy region with lots of avatars the disk is running at 100%, then slows down and occasionally goes to 100% again. Lot's of things to load and I guess the viewer is caching lots of of stuff too. Gradually the disk slows down when everything is loaded. But then if I start zooming around the disk goes wild again. Which is weird because everything should have been loaded already.

When the disk is running at 100% it stalls the viewer screen almost to full stop. The weird thing is fps can be even 20, but still the screen freezes due to the high disk activity. I have tried many cache sizes. One recommendation is to set the cache very large. Anyway, if I do that the disk activity increases even more.

- - - -
Firestorm 5.0.11 (53634) Jan  9 2018 18:51:07 (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3411.13 MHz)
Memory: 8169 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2

Graphics Driver Version: 23.21.13.9135
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 391.35
- - - -

42 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

What I have noticed when going to busy region with lots of avatars the disk is running at 100%, then slows down and occasionally goes to 100% again. Lot's of things to load and I guess the viewer is caching lots of of stuff too. Gradually the disk slows down when everything is loaded. But then if I start zooming around the disk goes wild again. Which is weird because everything should have been loaded already.

When the disk is running at 100% it stalls the viewer screen almost to full stop.

Considered getting SSD? That works great for me, no lag due to drive at all (plus everything runs/installs super fast).

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Considered getting SSD? That works great for me, no lag due to drive at all (plus everything runs/installs super fast).

Maybe I should get one. The hard disk spinning like crazy drives me mad.

30 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Even though my PC is older now (3-5 years?) that one factor makes it run great.

4 hours ago, SamMoon777 said:

please save your nerves for anything more important than others mistakes, thank you)

the rule in here is you can't find anything at all to say about a post then at least critisize the spelling, grammer or punctuation. 

And omfg don't u dare use txt spk.

Edited by Phorumities
added some errors

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

and more ram if you have 8 or less.

If you're only on 8GB .. don't run SL and a browser at the same time.

Your HDD shouldn't be thrashing when running SL.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phorumities said:

the rule in here is you can't find anything at all to say about a post then at least critisize the spelling, grammer or punctuation.

What else?

No replies at all?

We would miss all your posts....

5 hours ago, Phorumities said:

The rule in here is, if you can't find anything at all to say about a post then at least criticize the spelling, grammar or punctuation. 

You were saying?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Phorumities said:

And omfg don't u dare use txt spk.

n thx

The thread is a little old, but I'll still leave this here.

I have been in my Linden Home for over four years now. For most of my time I would have frame rates of close to and over 100fps. But now its not uncommon to have a frame rate of 20 to 40fps. Almost nothing has change, same PC, same Linden Home, same avatar, the one thing that did change is that we got a new provider, doubled our internet speed. At that time my frame rate was still very good, but lately, several months, don't really know, my frame rate has dropped.

I now have a mesh avatar including a mesh head, but if I switch back to my Classic avatar it only effects my frame rate slightly. I personally think its the server code, but like they say, IMHO.

The server code has nothing to do with your local rendering, nothing at all.

You might not have changed anything, but that doesn't mean nothing has changed in the viewer code or it's settings.

2 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

You might not have changed anything, but that doesn't mean nothing has changed in the viewer code or it's settings.

Without the server and its code, you have nothing to render. I would say it has a great deal to do with what gets rendered.

I use four (4) different viewers on two (2) different operating systems, recently cold installed one on Windows, have done others with the same outcome. That speaks very poorly for viewers for Second Life if that is all the problem is.

I always keep the SL viewer up to date, its one of the 4.

I'm sticking with my original assessment, LOL.

4 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Without the server and its code, you have nothing to render. I would say it has a great deal to do with what gets rendered.

There have not been interest list or delivery changes in some time, if anything asset downloads are more reliable than ever.

Once you have the assets, your frame rate is entirely on your client and hardware. The severs have done their magics.

4 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

I use four (4) different viewers on two (2) different operating systems, recently cold installed one on Windows, have done others with the same outcome. That speaks very poorly for viewers for Second Life if that is all the problem is.

I always keep the SL viewer up to date, its one of the 4.

... and why would you need to update your viewer I wonder.. oh, all the stuff that's been changed, sometimes in ways that require a new client.

Feature changes do impact performance. The viewer switching to enabling advanced lighting by default for more users impacts performance .. 

It looks strange to see, no “delivery changes in some time, if anything asset downloads are more reliable than ever.”, how did they get more reliable than ever with no changes?

The problem with viewers changing is that one of my viewers has not changed since November of last year, same problem.

LOL, still sticking with my original assessment. And no I don't know anything about SL code, I am going by, and commenting on, what I am seeing, and that I do know about. And with code its what I heard all the time from programmers, all I changed was... never expected that to happen.

23 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe it's time for a new PC.

I think it should run Second Life with no problems. (?)
Its well taken care of and cleaned often, no overheating problems.

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor              (3311.18 MHz)
Memory: 8138 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 397.64
Draw distance: 64m
Bandwidth: 744kbit/s
LOD factor: 2.5
Render quality: 3 / 7
Advanced Lighting Model: Enabled
Texture memory: 2048MB
Packets Lost: 0/1,917 (0.0%)
August 16 2018 04:53:00