Can't click on HUD options

Rhine1412

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought a new pair of shoes with 25 colors. Right off the bat, I changed to the ones I'd like at first, but ever since I haven't been able to change them, no matter where I put the HUD. There's no change or sign of recognition when I click on the color options. Downloaded again, and can't even change off of the default this time. What could I be doing wrong that I accidentally did right the first time around?

9 answers to this question

That's puzzling and very frustrating.  I wish I could say with confidence that HUDs don't just quit working, but they do sometimes.  Quite often, the problem is that the owner is in a no-script area, which is why I suggested trying the HUD in another region.  When that's not the case, you can sometimes restart a HUD by detaching it and reattaching it, or sometimes just by relogging.  Sorry to say, though, even that often does not work.  In that case, the best idea is to trash the HUD and rez a replacement from your saved backup copy or get a redelivery from the original vendor.

We have had a few mysterious posts like your in recent months, saying that all HUDs have suddenly stopped working.  Take a look at this thread from last month ......

I cannot account for that behavior.  As far as I am aware, though, getting HUDs redelivered and starting over from scratch again does cure things.

It seems that in certain circumstances a viewer crash can kill the HUD's attached during the crash. The 5.0.11 FS Viewer does crash silently on exit. I have no idea how frequent this is. My personal experience is about 33% of time. I only know because I get the error reporting popup every now and then.

A poor connection can stall a HUD. But, a relog usually brings it back to life.

The known fixes are; detach-reattach, relog, relog in a different region, and finally get a new copy of the HUD.

On 7/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, Rolig Loon said:

That's puzzling and very frustrating.  I wish I could say with confidence that HUDs don't just quit working, but they do sometimes.  Quite often, the problem is that the owner is in a no-script area, which is why I suggested trying the HUD in another region.  When that's not the case, you can sometimes restart a HUD by detaching it and reattaching it, or sometimes just by relogging.  Sorry to say, though, even that often does not work.  In that case, the best idea is to trash the HUD and rez a replacement from your saved backup copy or get a redelivery from the original vendor.

We have had a few mysterious posts like your in recent months, saying that all HUDs have suddenly stopped working.  Take a look at this thread from last month ......

I cannot account for that behavior.  As far as I am aware, though, getting HUDs redelivered and starting over from scratch again does cure things.

is the hud covered over by another invisible part of another hud?  that happens too, then clicking on it wont work.

4 minutes ago, Kacie Zapedzki said:

is the hud covered over by another invisible part of another hud?  that happens too, then clicking on it wont work.

That seems a little unlikely in this case, since the OP did say that she tried moving the HUD around, but it's a fair suggestion in general.  You might notice, however, that this thread is almost two years old, so the OP has probably moved on to other puzzles by now.  ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.