Rig - Belleza

jordangallagher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 21/7/2018 at 1:06 AM, jordangallagher said:

I have the beauty kit, and I make a shirt, I make the equipment.
But then to the body within this second life, the clothing is away from the body.
Can anyone help me with this?

Belleza Jake, i assume.

I have that devkit for Maya, which is the original application it was made in/for. Now, i presume that your devkit was an fbx applied in Blender/Avastar. The problem is that the shapes in SL derive from scaling the joints, and the collision volume bones work on scale and position. Which is a behavior inherited from how Maya handles rigs. However, i found that the Belleza Jake model does NOT provide actual male skeleton joint scaling on its limbs (which should vary between 1.15 to 1.34, while they clearly show a scale of 1 on all axis like the female neutral shape) and that a few collision volume bones have a scale set to none of the actual shape sliders value (they are scaled smaller in one axis than any possible shape combination you can attempt by using the shape sliders). I suppose this was done intentionally, to protect the mesh body from re-sale. But it makes things a lot harder to develop clothing.

If you're using Blender, there's no fix for this since it's bindpose unaware. It's a matter of trial and error on the Beta Grid until things match up in world

I fixed the thing in Maya (and presumably the same method would work in 3DSMax or any other software that handles bindposes) by manually adjusting Mayastar's skeleton as a male skeleton with limbs scaled back to female neutral shape and copying the collision volume bones scale values from the original devkit onto Mayastar's rig and then attaching Jake's body back to this latter. A lot of insane work to have the shape sliders work in Mayastar to test things out. I could have used the original Maya file but i would have lost the shape sliders test benefits.

• Like 1

Hello OptimoMaximo.
I use blender.
I think I got it right.
And I will understand that there is no repair.
Looks like the guys have got riled jake body clothes using dev kit signature, and by the way it worked.
Do you know this information?
Thanks for your attention.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.