Sign in to follow this  
Walelu Summerwind

Using Translators

Hello, forum friends..

I'm pretty sure that most of us have had friends who do not speak English well.. if at all. I was wondering if there is such a thing as a real time translator for use in IM. I have one that I got from mp several yrs ago, but, it can only be used in open chat. I've been having to copy/paste from an online translator and that is a real pain. Is there any help for me? :/

Edited by Walelu Summerwind

I'm a snob - I only friend folks wo speak English, German or Yiddish. But there are some neat translators around. Sadly IMs are confdental there is no way for an item to access them - you would have to link a custom viewer to an online translator API.

Edited by Fionalein

9 hours ago, Fionalein said:

you would have to link a custom viewer to an online translator API.

Firestorm has the ability to route though the google/bing APIs if you purchase a key, those cost USD$20 per 1,000,000 characters. A huge disadvantage is over-users of "i love this DJ" gestures cost you real money.

d5a56feab55e36e3227647a61277fede.png.55f955a79e570021cb3d9c06a809f2a1.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Firestorm has the ability to route though the google/bing APIs if you purchase a key, those cost USD$20 per 1,000,000 characters. A huge disadvantage is over-users of "i love this DJ" gestures cost you real money.

d5a56feab55e36e3227647a61277fede.png.55f955a79e570021cb3d9c06a809f2a1.png

I do believe this ability is now built-into most, if not all viewers, including LL viewer. Catznip uses this exact interface with the same services.