Sign in to follow this  
Shayna Korobase

*UPDATED POST* Grandfathered: Full Private Sim For Sale, 20k Prims, Reduced Teir

Posted (edited)

Grandfathered (Buy down) Full private sim for sale.

20k prims

Teir $195 USD a month

Accepting offers to sell. ***You pay $600 transfer fee*** Please Notecard inworld... make me an offer. Let's talk. 

Contact Shayna Korobase

Edited by Shayna Korobase

Posted (edited)

***bump bump*** Sim teir is paid for July. Make your offer ASAP. COntact me inworld. 

Taking no less then $600+$600 transferring fee for a total of $1,200. DO NOT CONTACT if you're offering less. Serious inquiries only please. Thanks.

Hi there

i think it is a matter of costs and with the new LL pricing it is not reasonable to buy a grandfathered sim for any price.

1 Year costs for a Sim:

1 New Sim: 349$ (incl. 1 month tier) + (11x249$) = 3088$

2 Your Sim: 1200$ (600$+600$) + (12x195$) = 3540$

You see, it is nearly 500$ cheaper to buy a new sim if you hold it only for 1 year

20 month cost of the sim:

1 New Sim: 349$ + (19x249$) = 5080$

2 Your Sim: 1200$ + (20x195$) = 5100$

You see? Your offer is after the 20-th month cheaper than buying a new sim.

The times where sim-owners could ask for 1600$-2200$ (incl. transfer tier) for a grandfathered sim are gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I agree, but as we all no, a fool and their money is soon parted . well I am no fool

so my bid pre the July tiers was a good one, but greed has its best hand

Trav Ninetails

• Confused 1

The original poster did not say $1200.  The original poster said, "Accepting offers to sell. ***You pay $600 transfer fee*** Please Notecard inworld... make me an offer. Let's talk."

Grandfathered Region is $195 per month.  New region is $249 a month, for $54 savings per month.

$54 savings per month pays back the $600 transfer fee in 11.1 months (= $600 / $54).

Back when grandfathered Regions saved $100 per month (= $295 - $195), they would commonly sell for a range of $1000 to $600 to the owner plus $600 transfer fee (a range of  $1200 to $1600), which was a range of 12 to 16 months in payback time (12 months =$1200 / $100.  16 months = $1600 / $100).

Obviously, selling price must also be adjusted for pro-rated value of remaining monthly tier of ranging from $8.30 per day (=$249 / 30 day month) to $6.29 per day (=$195 / 31 day month), depending on how one values the remaining tier.

• Like 1

***This is an updated post from my original to account for recent LL changes.***

Grandfathered (Buy down) Full private sim for sale.

20k prims

Teir $195 USD a month due on the 26th of each month.

Accepting offers to sell. ***You pay transfer fee*** Please Notecard inworld... make me an offer. Let's talk. 

Contact Shayna Korobase

• Like 1

Points of clarification regarding the above post:

1. The math re: the transfer fee is only relevant if the physical Grandfathered sim ended up only costing $100. There is no doubt the savings great, but the purchase value of the physical sim cannot be disregarded in the total cost as well.

2. If we're to go off what has been advertised on the forums, the average asking price of a GF sim (including transfer fee) is around $1600. And the range, as you can see below, is a lot more broad.

5b4e4d9cac29d_GFSaleDistribution.thumb.PNG.60972d17f8e427d0d74a8c4927bda48e.PNG5b4e4dc825086_GFSalesHistogram.thumb.PNG.05ecc27f0458f0cd4a4a89a10075cfd8.PNG

3. The stats above are now pretty much just references pre-LL land region price slashes and is obsolete data now (I've been collecting data points to study the trends). To further build on Besiha's previous post, selling a GF sim for $1600-$2200 is most definitely gone. Even $1200 may not be worth now unless you're an established resident who is guaranteed to keep that sim for more than 2 years.

5b4e50558b65a_LLvsGFCost.thumb.PNG.99433f504efac561c928dd12a9cb598f.PNG

• Like 2

thank you CelebBryant. I don't know what the problem is with Trav Ninetails. I tried to explain as best I could why the price but Trav just coming at me with these zany accusations of trying to "rip people off". It was uncalled for. Thank you for posting the numbers you did. I posted an updated post at the link below.

Posted (edited)

never said it was you but take your bow, if you still feel slighted block me , And if you read his post you will see he is in agreement that 2 k for a sim GFed at that is a dead horse, so have fun with the hose

Edited by Trav Ninetails

Posted (edited)

Trav I could post the PM's you sent me when you were being rude... but I'm above that. Move on with your life please. In fact, I'm going to block you as I have no time for negative people such as yourself. Thanks.