Can bakeonmesh be used with firestorm?

NanR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, NanR said:

but I thought bake on mesh was already released in a special viewer and I'm assuming its like sl viewer.

The way bakes-on-mesh works it's very dependent on the viewer. It simply won't work in a viewer that doesn't have the necessary code, but, as Coffee pointed out, other major third-party viewers will be able to release viewers with the necessary code shortly after its finalized.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanR said:

Currently in firestorm under Advanced there is an option called Rebake Textures. Is that the same thing or something entirely different?

It's different but related. That will make the servers redraw the textures that you wear on your default body. With Bakes-On-Mesh those same textures can be used on something that you're wearing like a mesh body instead of your default body.

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2018 at 6:39 PM, NanR said:

but I thought bake on mesh was already released in a special viewer and I'm assuming its like sl viewer.

The feature is available in the Project Viewer but distributed third-party viewers like Firestorm are not allowed to implement it until LL releases the feature on the official main SL viewer.

But, since the viewer code is opensource, you could take the latest version of Firestorm and merge the Bakes on Mesh code yourself. It's not simple though. 

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

one thing to remember about bake on mesh is that even tho it works on the special release candidate viewer ( which is a nice way of saying beta) for you it will look and work as it should, but for others who are not on the same viewer, your avatar will look a total mess. Remember when mesh clothing was new and those without a mesh compatible viewer would see all your mesh attachments as HUGE objects attached to your hand? It would be something like that. Strawberry Singh explains it on YT https://youtu.be/co8TYa8RHcs

When bento was released, I wore a sign inside my head (only those who had not updated to a bento compatible viewer could see it) saying, "If you can see this, you need to update your viewer."

I'm not waiting for anyone to update their viewer before I start using BoM. As soon as it's the official viewer .. I'm going BoM all the way!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Harvey Ruby said:

one thing to remember about bake on mesh is that even tho it works on the special release candidate viewer ( which is a nice way of saying beta) for you it will look and work as it should, but for others who are not on the same viewer, your avatar will look a total mess. Remember when mesh clothing was new and those without a mesh compatible viewer would see all your mesh attachments as HUGE objects attached to your hand? It would be something like that. Strawberry Singh explains it on YT https://youtu.be/co8TYa8RHcs

“A total mess?” So far as I can tell, you will just show with colored textures that say “BAKES ON MESH”. 

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

“A total mess?” So far as I can tell, you will just show with colored textures that say “BAKES ON MESH”. 

I don't think it can be nearly as bad as bento heads seen with a non-bento viewer. That was a fright. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
spelling .. grrrrrrrrrrrr

• Lindens

Bakes on Mesh requires updates to back-end services as well as the right viewer. We're still in the process of getting those services updated, so even if you have the updated viewer you will also need to be in a supported region. Currently the only place where everything should be fully supported is the "Bakes on Mesh" region on the test grid (aditi).

• 4 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.