AdamZadig

Does the HippoRent system still work?

I've got the HippoRent 5.53 Rental System. 
Will it still work if I use it in world now? 

The Prim Counter and the rental systems I assume don't use 3rd party backed support so I would think its still ok to use now? 

Best advice at this point is to move away from Hippo products. 

Some will suggest CasperVend. I suggest your own server and system, not relying on someone that could abandon their products (or die, or go broke, or whatever).

Going to assume it still works as I've been paying a hippo rent box on the mainland I rent for 9+ years if you are in any doubt about it needing the web server find another rental system that doesn't rely on services outside of SL to work

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hippo and his stuffs were only in the market xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx! One of those I saw in the same SIM that I was, Brown, the creator of Hippo, Andy Enfield (the avatar is the same until today). Many say he sold the system and after that the fall came, but how does all the money go into his account?
Now ... I never imagined the possibility of Casper collapsing ... however as I only see in MKT, at least 6 days I have filed ... this would be a world tragedy! lol
Zadig ... please spend your money, I'm your customer, I have a Skybox of yours ... please spend your money and throw Hippo's baggage at sea ... ;-)

Edited by Axel Naxos
Rhonda Huntress Alert :-)

I was testing in the world, since my ALT has version 5.65, and it is running yes. The rental boxes and the central server, which should be one for each SIM, if this information matters to you.
Due to the language I think you meant that where you rent, they are using Hippo still, right? Sorry for some mistake. 

I also discovered that it was finally removed from the Marketplace!
Wow, if Casper falls ???

Snap 2018-07-15 at 14.22.55.png

The Hippo products may still work, but I don't think you can create a web page for your rentals any more.  When I stopped using the Hippo system, some months ago, my web page could still be modified, so if you have an existing account, you might be OK.

I would not use the system, though.  It's no longer being sold, no longer has any sort of active support.  I stopped using it because the rental boxes kept failing to record my tenants' payments.  Well, actually, the payments were not accepted.  They'd pay, and then the box would return the money and not update the rental time.

• Like 1