problem with Horizontal Animation import to SL

WESTCAT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi   I have a problem downloading horizontal based animations like sleeping and crawling that I have either got off of SL Wiki or made myself in Poser.  All the vertical ones download and play properly but nothing that is horizontal?!  am I doing something wrong when I download to my SIM in  second life?  makes no sense what so ever.  I even made a bvh in poser with the proper SL models you can download off of wiki. Same issue, does not work 

But the problem does not end with my creations,  The sample bvh's that I downloaded in a zip from SL wiki all work unless they are horizontal, very strange

May you please expand a bit on your workflow during animation? Like, do you keep a reference vertical TPose on frome one, before the avatar goes into a horizontal position?

What's the behavior you get when you upload those horizontal animations? An error? Displaced limbs? Crushed avatar?

We need a bit more information to try and find out what might be wrong

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

May you please expand a bit on your workflow during animation? Like, do you keep a reference vertical TPose on frome one, before the avatar goes into a horizontal position?

What's the behavior you get when you upload those horizontal animations? An error? Displaced limbs? Crushed avatar?

We need a bit more information to try and find out what might be wrong

thank you for the reply;  1st off I have noticed this happening when I have tried to upload two sources;

1-  When i tried uploading a couple of bvh ready made sample poses from the link at the top of this page [ http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Create_Animations_with_Poser ]

I noticed that all the poses/single frame bvh, that were supposed to be horizontal all made my avatars both classic and mesh that I tried these on, assume only vertical positions with the bvh being used.

2- when I have made horizontal poses such as crawling or rolling or being pinned on the ground during a wrestling pose for example, they all appear vertical.  after I upload them to SL

There is no displaced limbs, crushing, or error messages.  In fact the poses or animations look perfect.  For the ones I made in Poser 11 pro identical to how they appeared after making them in Poser with the proper SL-avatar models as provided from a Second Life contributor  [[also from a link at the top of this page  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Create_Animations_with_Poser  ]]   Like I said they look perfect except they are vertical .  Now I have bought full perm dance animations, some which include a sassy horizontal ground segment to the move.  all no problem with keeping the horizontal aspects of the animation.  But my animations when downloaded via the viewer systems [either SL's or  firestorm] although looking OK otherwise, will not retain the horizontal aspect they were made on is Poser, or [I assume] in the case of the ones in the zip folder I got from this page http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Create_Animations_with_Poser  are  also not retaining their horizontal aspect .  

Now I thought it had something to do with the Y vertical aspect of the real world or Poser's view, vs the Z vertical aspect for Second Life's world?   Now could that be the problem? 

I do not think the full perm BVH that I bought in world have any lsl script associated with them? 

thank you again for your reply.   Maybe it is just the Y vs z thing ?

Also your question ...  ""Like, do you keep a reference vertical TPose on frome one, before the avatar goes into a horizontal position?""  do you mean the very first pose or frame of my animation should be a T pose?  In any case I do put all my fresh SL avatar Poser Models in a T pose prior to starting their timeline/framing and keyframing

tpose.PNG

This might be a rotation issue die to the scene orientation in Poser.

A BVH scene for Second Life should have the Up axis set as Y axis, the avatar should stand facing the positive Z axis. The conversion to SL is performed within the upload window, it does some scale and rotation math in order to conform to the internal animation format. So make sure your imported figure sits within a world scene like described above and it should work.

As far as i know, the avatar should keep a TPose stance at frame one in order to keep it in the exported file and have a reference to the rest position (and have all rotations and positions relative to this stance)

Also, you may want to check on the rotation type you can use if that's an available option. The bvh file should get Euler rotations exported for all the joints. 

Other than this i don't know. Poser isn't among the softwares i use...

1 hour ago, OptimoMaximo said:

This might be a rotation issue die to the scene orientation in Poser.

A BVH scene for Second Life should have the Up axis set as Y axis, the avatar should stand facing the positive Z axis. The conversion to SL is performed within the upload window, it does some scale and rotation math in order to conform to the internal animation format. So make sure your imported figure sits within a world scene like described above and it should work.

As far as i know, the avatar should keep a TPose stance at frame one in order to keep it in the exported file and have a reference to the rest position (and have all rotations and positions relative to this stance)

Also, you may want to check on the rotation type you can use if that's an available option. The bvh file should get Euler rotations exported for all the joints. 

Other than this i don't know. Poser isn't among the softwares i use...

Well thank you I guess the only problem is that I do not want to start off the animation in a T pose.  I probably missread you.  I assume then that I shoud not eleiminate the t pose, save it as frame 01  right?  then add in the rest of the ani frames and keyframes, then save the bvh somehow from frame 02 on to eliminate the T frame from the final product so that basically I am uploading a bvh with frames always starting from  02 to 03 etc etc to the last frame ??? 

7 hours ago, WESTCAT said:

Well thank you I guess the only problem is that I do not want to start off the animation in a T pose.

Of course you don't want it :) It's just to not lose it, try keeping the TPose at frame one and export from frame 2 on as you understood. Let's see if that changes things?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.